LIVE from NAVIGATOR of the Seas - March 3, 2017

Selecting anything over 7 nights usually gets you into this situation. Just pray that she is on your sailing.

d2e9b36aa51402df6b1d088a2c47844c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol! She looks like a blast. Thankfully we will be on the 5 night before the 9. Have to get our partying in on that one I guess ha.

Decks 12 & 13 closed due to high winds. The flowrider is still open though. Nobody seems too upset.

Imagine if they closed the Windjammer? Mutiny on the Bounty 2.

Windjammer closed OK. Flow rider closed = Mutiny. Hopefully the transfer at sea goes well and has a speedy recovery for the individual involved.

What was the sauce around the tuna? The tuna looked great but the sauce made me lose all appetite for it.

What was the sauce around the tuna? The tuna looked great but the sauce made me lose all appetite for it.

"Sesame, bok choy, peanut, Asian aromatic sauce"

The sauce wasn't bad (although I only ate a little of it). The Tuna was just cooked a little too much.

There has been just a crazy amount of specialty restaurant upselling going on the past two days. 5 times in the Windjammer yesterday we were approached by someone trying to get us to book Chops, Giovanni's or Sabor.

We were sitting in Cafe Promenade just now and someone approached us about booking Johnny Rockets. And then minutes later this guy approached us as we left Cafe Promenade:

8a560267a5e1b5c307280d7cc9684b92.jpg

We experienced the same thing on our cruise on Nav a couple weeks ago. Told them we already had reservations (which was true). We did Giovanni's Table, Sabor (twice) and Izumi. Liked Giovanni's Table the best.

We experienced the same thing on our cruise on Nav a couple weeks ago. Told them we already had reservations (which was true). We did Giovanni's Table, Sabor (twice) and Izumi. Liked Giovanni's Table the best.

I also keep telling them we have it booked already (true also).

Chops twice (one was last night), Giovanni's twice, Sabor once (Courtney is not a fan) and I may hit up Izumi for lunch one day.

I also keep telling them we have it booked already (true also).

Chops twice (one was last night), Giovanni's twice, Sabor once (Courtney is not a fan) and I may hit up Izumi for lunch one day.

Hi Yorkvillian,

Carson2theJ here. Lots of selling when we were on Freedom this past January too. I've never seen selling like this except for embarkation day. Sellers were waiting in line outside of the Windjammer throughout the cruise to sign up people and also approaching passengers in Windjammer like a visual telemarketer that doesn't want to hang up the phone after you say no unlike the beverage people who just stand at the table. Of course, I was the only one in my group they broke and I ended up reserving a lunch with Sabor.

Could this may be a new way of developing business for the specialty restaurants? 🤔🤔🤔

I was replying as to the off site parking at Port of Miami. The Florida departure might be a better place to ask. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

THX=> bilyclub

Thanks for the link it was a big help, can't believe how much info exists on CRUISE CRITIC..... Hope you all enjoy your trip and the person who is being transported recovers without any serious impact to their life.

Found these links regarding parking MIAMI.. Trying to convince the other couple...Basically a C note a piece well worth peace of mind...

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2383221

Edited by PJG061073
Updating

Hi Yorkvillian,

Carson2theJ here. Lots of selling when we were on Freedom this past January too. I've never seen selling like this except for embarkation day. Sellers were waiting in line outside of the Windjammer throughout the cruise to sign up people and also approaching passengers in Windjammer like a visual telemarketer that doesn't want to hang up the phone after you say no unlike the beverage people who just stand at the table. Of course, I was the only one in my group they broke and I ended up reserving a lunch with Sabor.

Could this may be a new way of developing business for the specialty restaurants? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Hello Carson! Yeah this is the most and pushiest I have ever seen them.

Your telemarketer comparison is spot on!

Biker!! I was getting worried about you.

Normally I wouldn't be reading too many review threads but when it's the OP on an itinerary which I will be going on in 6 weeks, I pay attention.

So, about that helicopter rescue......

We have not sailed out of Miami in quite a few years. The reason for that was the offsite parking. We are also on this current cruise. We were going to park at the port but at $20.00 per day we decided to try Safe Parking. There are high walls around the lot, it is paved and the drivers are good. We are keeping our fingers crossed that things go as well when we get back home on the 12th. I found them through Parkway Parking which we have used several times in Tampa. They do have their own website.

Bette & Bill. I agree on parking, bite the bullet on the cost because in the grand scheme of things parking will probably be a drop in the bucket cost wise considering all the money being spent on a cruise. Its just another line item.

BTW.. our lil grp(4) lives in PARRISH.. just north of Bradenton. If you want to meet up with some SR's lol we can meet. I'm new to cruising, but our other cpl are seasoned vets.

Edited by PJG061073
Finish post

I personally think they should host trivia in The Star Lounge on Navigator. It seemed like trivia was always going on in Schooner. I prefer the Schooner for a beer and conversation.

All trivia should be in the Star Lounge. The schooner gets way too crowded and cramped. People are walking by shouting answers, or talking loudly at the bar.

Normally I wouldn't be reading too many review threads but when it's the OP on an itinerary which I will be going on in 6 weeks, I pay attention.

So, about that helicopter rescue......

Biker! Good to see you here. Enjoy the ABC's in 6 weeks.