Water on DIvina

Clar5

I know this question has been asked time and time again. But my friend has a confirmed sulfur allergy, meaning if she drinks water with sulfur in it (which is the case in states south of Florida) she gets very sick. If she carries a doctor's note stating this, do you think they will allow us to bring on a case of water?

Were sailing on the Divina in May.

I know this question has been asked time and time again. But my friend has a confirmed sulfur allergy, meaning if she drinks water with sulfur in it (which is the case in states south of Florida) she gets very sick. If she carries a doctor's note stating this, do you think they will allow us to bring on a case of water?

Were sailing on the Divina in May.

I don't know if she will be allowed to bring water because there is plenty of water to buy on ship.

If your friend thinks the water is unsuitable, I would think he/she would need more than a case to last a week. I think you're looking at a situation that could be dependent on the person working the scanners. MSC might tell you it is allowed in advance, but the employee working might disagree. Do you want to start your vacation off by arguing with someone?

If I was in the situation, I would just look at purchasing a drink package to minimize my stress. You could purchase a water package or the Cheers meal package. With the Cheers package, you can get extra bottles of water (or cans of soda) and save them for later use. I did this on the Divina with soda, since I like to have a soda for breakfast and drinks are only included with lunch and dinner.

If you are south of Florida, you are in Cuba, which is not yet a state.

Puerto Rico. Also not yet a state, but closer in the process than Cuba. ;p

I was on the Divina last week and never saw a water line coming on to the ship while in any port. As such, I was under the assumption that the water on board was all made via desalination (which is common and normal on ships). If that's the case, I'm not sure why there would be sulfur in the water. Desalination makes pure water, and then various things are added back to improve taste (like salt). I'm not sure why sulfur would be added back, given it does the opposite. But alas, I am no cruise water expert.

If you are south of Florida, you are in Cuba, which is not yet a state.

Sorry, I meant North Carolina ;p that's what I get for doing it on my phone. Lol

She was thinking of bringing her travel Britta with her. And we do have the fantastica experience.