Drinks and cups

sk8rmomof3

Just a question:

When we were on RC last year, when we signed up for our drink package on the ship, we got a free souvenir cup. We used this cup as our travel cup and it made it easier to walk around and explore and know it wouldn't spill, and it was nice for near the pool. Do they do that on Carnival? Or do you just walk up and order your drink (we only got the pop package) and they hand you a regular glass and you have to turn it in somewhere? Can we bring our own cups with lids so it's easier to wander about and sit by the pool and just refill that cup?

Sorry, Carnival does not give you a souvenir cup. They do have some excellent cups available for sale; however you are welcome to bring your own cup. I have a cup that I love and always bring it for water.

If you do not bring your own cup, they provide pop for you in regular drink cups.

Don't forget, almost all pop on Carnival is from cans. I believe that RCCL has the freestyle machines (unless I'm mistaken).

Sorry, Carnival does not give you a souvenir cup. They do have some excellent cups available for sale; however you are welcome to bring your own cup. I have a cup that I love and always bring it for water.

If you do not bring your own cup, they provide pop for you in regular drink cups.

Don't forget, almost all pop on Carnival is from cans. I believe that RCCL has the freestyle machines (unless I'm mistaken).

I will bring a cup then. Thanks! I didn't know their pop is in cans. Interesting! Will they give you ice?

When I was on RC last April, (Independence of the Seas), there were no freestyle machines. You just had to go to the counters and ask a server and they would pour it from the fountain.

Just a question:

When we were on RC last year, when we signed up for our drink package on the ship, we got a free souvenir cup. We used this cup as our travel cup and it made it easier to walk around and explore and know it wouldn't spill, and it was nice for near the pool. Do they do that on Carnival? Or do you just walk up and order your drink (we only got the pop package) and they hand you a regular glass and you have to turn it in somewhere? Can we bring our own cups with lids so it's easier to wander about and sit by the pool and just refill that cup?

Part of the reason for that souvenir cup is that many of the RC ships have the Coke Freestyle dispensers and the cup has a RFID tag in it that tells the machine it is ok to dispense.

Part of the reason for that souvenir cup is that many of the RC ships have the Coke Freestyle dispensers and the cup has a RFID tag in it that tells the machine it is ok to dispense.

They had no freestyle machines on our ship last April. It was all servers pouring from the fountain. Maybe it's changed since then????

They had no freestyle machines on our ship last April. It was all servers pouring from the fountain. Maybe it's changed since then????

That's wierd - I was on the IOTS in 2014 and they had the freestyle machines then. Wonder why they would removed them. Big convenience not having to wait for bar service to get a coke.

That's wierd - I was on the IOTS in 2014 and they had the freestyle machines then. Wonder why they would removed them. Big convenience not having to wait for bar service to get a coke.

Maybe it was just the ship we were on that didn't have it. Independence of the Seas