Dining Package options on the Konningsdam

Question: Has anyone bought the Dining Package offered on the Konningsdam?? Please share your thoughts/opinions if you have!

My husband and I are considering the Dining Package ($119 each or $238) ) that includes one dinner each at the Sel De Mar; Tammarind; Dinner at the Culinary Arts; Pinnacle; and Cannelleto.

When I add up what it would cost on our own if we chose to make reservations after boarding, I came up with this:

Sel De Mar: this is ala carte and the minimum cost required is $30 ea.

Tammarind: $25 ea.

Dinner at the Culinary Arts: $39 ea.

Pinnacle: $35 ea.

Canelleto: $15 ea.

Total cost to buy once on board= $288

So, all in all, a $40 savings to buy the "package" online before cruise.

Thanks all!!

And a question to add to OP's as we are thinking of the same. Can you purchase this package in advance and still make your reservations ahead of time or do you have to wait until you are on board to make the reservations?

Here is some food for thought...

We had pre-purchased the package prior to boarding last month. We were in a Neptune Suite. When we checked in at the Neptune Lounge, we were told that we were invited to a complimentary dinner at the CAC on the first night.

With this in mind, we worked with the concierge and cancelled the package and booked the other restaurants "stand alone".

I don't know if they are doing the CAC with suite guests on every sailing, but it is something to think about. I don't even know if anyone would be able to tell you this prior to boarding...seems like it was perhaps an onboard decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And a question to add to OP's as we are thinking of the same. Can you purchase this package in advance and still make your reservations ahead of time or do you have to wait until you are on board to make the reservations?

I believe the 'fine print' online says that you will be able to make your reservation times/dates once onboard through the concierge who will find you.

Thanks for that info. There is one particular date that we want to have dinner in the Tamarind, so I may not want the package if I cannot book it beforehand.

We had no problem getting reservations for the nights we wanted once we were onboard...but maybe we were just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums