Ok can I get a free cruise NOW!?

tbelian

Just got back from Mercury to Mexico.

The ice machine in the PH was broken ... (ok so we didnt pay for this suite, got upgraded, but it was broken... free cruise or no?)

They ran out of bananas (ok, so I don't eat them that much ... free cruise or no?).

In the buffet during lunch, I overheard that one passenger was REALLY angry because they didn't have any thousand island dressing that day for lunch (ok, so I don't like thousand island either, should the other guy get a free cruise or no?).

The team I was on LOST the water volleyball game against the activities staff (15-13, but I think they should have 'thrown' the game to keep passengers happy, free cruise or no?).

Those that met us on the cruise will get the tongue in cheek nature of this post.

We had a great time.

Due to some cutbacks at X they aren't offering Thousand Island dressing any longer...you'll have to be content with 800 Islands dressing.

MUST I TELL YOU PEOPLE EVERYTHING!! :mad: **

**just kidding ;)

Don

No free cruise for you, unless they throw in a free one for me.. I know, I know, I wasn't on that cruise, but the pain you suiffered has certainly transfered its self to me.

Hard too imagine that kind of depriavation, its a wonder that you can have enough courage to even talk about it;)

I had heard about the 1000 island shortage, that is the only reason I booked my up comming Princess cruise to Mexico

Phil

Hard too imagine that kind of depriavation, its a wonder that you can have enough courage to even talk about it;)

Yes, it's tuff to endure the carless attitude of Celebirty on this one. I see red evey time I think of it (wait, maybe the red was the sky in those mexican sunsets!)...

I'll get over it, I guess.

Someday ....:D

I booked a minimum inside guarantee, and I wasn't assigned a balcony cabin; where's my free cruise?;)

I put on 4 lbs during my last cruise; my life is unalterably ruined! I would think this would warrant a free cruise, at the very LEAST!;)

I didn't like any of the art onboard the ship; My eyes incurred irrepairable damage. Where is my free cruise (for life)?;)

If anyone deserves a free cruise it's me. I was just on the Constellation and the sushi roll pieces were not all the same size. This made it difficult to judge how much wasabi sauce to put on each piece. I put too much wasabi on one piece and I burned my little tongue and tears came to my eyes. Boo-hoo. I demand a free cruise in a suite....:eek:

This is a great thread. The sad reality is, however, that there are some out there who think that a dead ice machine coupled with a missed port and a rainy week make them deserving of a $1000 credit or a free sailing.

Ugh. Sure hope none of those folks are at my dinner table on Mercury in about 2 months.....

Just got back from Mercury to Mexico.

The ice machine in the PH was broken ... (ok so we didnt pay for this suite, got upgraded, but it was broken... free cruise or no?)

They ran out of bananas (ok, so I don't eat them that much ... free cruise or no?).

In the buffet during lunch, I overheard that one passenger was REALLY angry because they didn't have any thousand island dressing that day for lunch (ok, so I don't like thousand island either, should the other guy get a free cruise or no?).

The team I was on LOST the water volleyball game against the activities staff (15-13, but I think they should have 'thrown' the game to keep passengers happy, free cruise or no?).

Those that met us on the cruise will get the tongue in cheek nature of this post.

We had a great time.

You might want to read your Cruise Contract.

:D Hi,

I just love it !!!!! GREAT HUMOUR !!!!

I suppose if one cruises often enough, one can actually pick up enough outrageous '' claims'' stories to write a book about the sad topic......

One day, someone should start a thread ;;'' the 5 most pathetic reasons claimed to have a freebee ''.....

* It rained 3 days in a row, 2 of them sea days, couldn't swim, that calls for a refund

* seas were so rough 2 days running, I p@@@ and soiled my tuxedo, had to buy a new one.cruise line owes me a refund

* No ice bucket left when we ordered our 3 bottles of wine on the last evening in the dining room; the wine got so warm,made me sick,specially the 3rd bottle ( my companion couldn't even drink it, so I had to finish it off myself....),that's ridiculous; the cruise line owes me a refund big time on this !!!

*Couldn't win a damn thing on the nickel slot machines all week....that's a ploy by the cruise line; I demand compensation; they're defenitely fixing those things; they should guarantee at least 1 jackpot per cruise.

*seas were so rough on the 1st formal night my glasses of wine kept falling off the table in the dining room; happened to all other 29 guests having dinner at that time. We must have wasted 4 bottles before we

could drink one glass to our statisfaction; that's ridiculous; none of the 4 staff members left on duty would even comp me one bottle!!! That's humiliating; I demand compensation.

Happy sailings

Cheers

CG

:)

The sad reality is, however, that there are some out there who think that a dead ice machine coupled with a missed port and a rainy week make them deserving of a $1000 credit or a free sailing.

Yup, that's VERY true (read other threads right here!). Oh, I forgot, one stop was changed from docking to tender! The horrors!, free cruise or no?

You might want to read your Cruise Contract.

Like everyone else says, what the heck has THAT got to do with anything. Who cares about the contract? Contract? Contract, I don't need no stinkin contract! If I were on HAL (blah blah blah) or if I were on Princess (blah blah blah).

ps... ya got me! LOL

I want to point out that everything I initially posted DID happen. The ice machine (in the Penthouse no less) WAS broken for days, the electrician finally did come to fix it.

They did run out of things like bananas, and one person in the buffet line was pretty upset at the lack of dressing.

We did lose! But three different passenger teams played the activities staff in 3 games. The activities staff is no longer undeafted, they lost to team #3!

One port stop WAS changed at the last minute from docking to tendering. We learned about this from Dru (cruise director) at the show at 7:00pm in the evening the day before. Had a shore excursion booked but now wanted to cancel because Mother in Law was fearful of tendering (partricularly with a broken wrist). Excursion desk refunded the excursion charges the next day, no questions asked. Guess who got 'OUR' berth in port? A PRINCESS ship! Some of us thought about becoming pirates then, but when we learned of the Seaborn incident, we quickly changed our minds.

What ISN'T true though is my need for a free cruise. But, I bet some folks would have a real issue with this many things 'going wrong'.

Enjoy this as a humorous diversion.

No ice in the PH! I don't care if you paid for it or not...it's a matter of principle! You poor dear, having to wait for your butler to bring you one of those unsightly buckets as if you were a common cruise passenger. Personally I don't see how you made it threw such an ordeal. I'll think twice before booking X again.

Archived