PHOTO PRICES?? Love 'em or hate 'em!?!!

PammyHound

Again, any photographer in the PPA has a copyright stamp or a "can not be copied" or a studio name on the back or even on the front, bottom, right corner. Princess DOES NOT! You break NO laws when copying a picture not protected by copyright.

Vicki

12/26/04 Caribbean Princess to Eastern Caribbean

Princess Star 8/03 Alaska

Princess Coral 3/03 Panama

Disney's Wonder 12/01 Bahama's

RCC Majesty of the Seas 11/99 Southern Caribbean

Interesting story, Carl. I may have bought one at $20 but then the "cheapy" in me would've taken them to my local Wal-Mart and use the Kodak picture make and made $5 copy. icon_smile.gif

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

GROUP BOARD FOR ROYAL HOUNDS ON CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 9/17/05

PRICING & BOOKING INFO FOR CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

Group board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ditto w/Vicki . . . unless the back of the photo states "no copyrighting" You can copy away!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have taken my Carnival photo's into a couple places and even though they have NO copy rights, they "appear" to be professional photos and nobody would copy them. I wasn't even allowed to use the Kodak picture maker at Wal-mart.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

I think one of the coolest new ammenities is the self-service digital printers we found on the Carnival Glory. My Sony memory stick slotted right in and I could view and select which photo's I wanted to print. It was nice to share the photo's while still onboard and not have to mail them to my friends.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

I don't mind the prices so much but didn't like on the Grand last Nov. how they had changed the boarding photo and a few others to only the $20 8x10's. We usually buy, at the very least, the boarding photo but really did not want an 8x10 of it with some goofy boarder on it. Those usually are not the greatest shots to begin with and then to be stuck with an 8x10 if we want one for our collection? We ended up buying one and then copying it and having it shrunk down to a more reasonable size.

When I was on the Elation in May, They have devised a way that the photos will not scan without a watermark on them.

I do agree with the sizes. They are plainly too large. You can get wallets and other sizes, but you have to purchase the $20 one first.

I would like to see more photos I can frame and set around the house or at the office. My large photos get stuck in a book where nobody can see them.

Rhonda

"One time, when I was drunk"

Grand Princess 12/4/04

Elation 5/2/04

Celebration 12/06/03

Rhapsody of the seas 5/4/03

Please check on the copyright laws about copying pictures taken by professional photographers. This can be done on the internet. They cannot be copied without permission of the photographer or studio. Whether they have a stamp or not does not make any difference. If they are made by a professional they cannot be copied. Maybe some places will take a chance, but they are breaking the law when they do so.

This probably sounds tacky - but -

I read on a posting that people take digital pictures with their own cameras of the ships pictures right where they are hung up!!!!

Apparently this is not so unusual, because someone said one of the ships comedians made a joke about it!!

We usually just buy one or two of the best ones. They are definitely overpriced.

Last Princess cruise, we purchased some great pictures.

I wanted to reproduce the pictures to give to my mother in law for a Xmas present.

I went to Picture Perfect to reproduce. They asked me if I purchased the pictures on cruise....So I said Yes, and she told me that she could reproduce since I purchased on a cruise. They touched the pictures up a bit, and WOW...looked a hell of a lot better. Was a great Xmas present for my In-laws.

If you have a problem getting a copy of your pictures, go to Picture Perfect.

Won't pay em, did get some for free courtesy of our TA but who put the fat guy in my suit? Not funny.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meyerhaus:

It is all marketing. If you see the picture, a REAL picture, you are more apt to buy it. However, if it is just digital, it is not such a draw.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the other hand, you have to SEE the pictures to be drawn to buy them. I do not have the patience nor the inclination to search through hundreds of photos to find mine. Some lines are moving to digital. Carnival plans to not just go to digital but to go even higher tech by testing facial recognition capability. You will be able to step up to a kiosk that captures a digital image of your face and finds the photos that match it. To read more, go to http://www.iwsinc.com/News/carnival.cfm

As far as prices, I know I would buy more if the price were lower. I usually only buy one or two pictures because of the price. If the price were lower, I would buy more and spend more for photos than I do now. Yes, they are cheaper than on land where you have to pay a sitting fee as well as the price of the photos. But when you pay a sitting fee, the photographer spends quite a bit of time with you, not the few minutes they spend on board during formal nights. And those candid shots they snap take only a few seconds of their time.

Diamond Princess 11/2004; NCL Sky, 1/2004; NCL Wind, 3/2003; Carnival Legend, 12/2002; Zenith, 1/202; R5, 5/2001; Destiny, 9/2000; Westerdam, 1/2000; Sensation, 11/1999; Tropicale, 11/1998

Archived