specialty restaurant

JohnnyPro

Hello can i get some advice. Am I better off to buy my specialty restaurant packages on the ship or get them ahead of time for the discount. The cruise I'm on is the 14 night eclipse nov 12 2017 are they busy on this length of cruise thanks for any help

You will get lots of different advice on this! We pre book and pay for the package and are happy with the discount and deal. First or second night is pre booked for you (card in your room). If you don't like this booking they will change it for you. We then provisionally book all our meals on boarding and get the exact days and times we want.

Others will say that you can get better deals on board % discounts, two for one....On some cruises these are plentiful.....On the Equinox in the Caribbean the M'Ds were often seen approaching groups. On other cruises they can be limited (for example only if you book 9pm). On our last Solstice cruise Murano's offered no special offers, Tuscan and Silk did but only on port nights...The bonus with doing this yourself is if you only want to use one restaurant 3/4 times you can whereas with the package you dine in all restaurants. You can this way also use OBC to pay.

As I said, personally we have been happy pre booking and buying the package and avoiding the bartering but if you enjoy negotiating a deal on board people frequently report good deals!

We did this cruise in Nov/16 and discounts were plentiful - usually someone stationed by the elevators when returning from port. We did Tuscan (disappointing as the menu was totally different from previous visits on other ships) for half price and Murano for a 30% discount (it was fabulous). Personally we wouldn't bother buying packages in advance.

We have alot of OBC to use, so I believe we will be negotiating a deal once onbroad Infinity on our 11 day cruise.

Can anyone recommend which specialty restaurants are the best on Infinty, this will be our first Celebrity cruise . Have cruised mostly on Royal Caribbean. How do these restaurants compare to Royal's?

Jimbo:)

We have alot of OBC to use, so I believe we will be negotiating a deal once onbroad Infinity on our 11 day cruise.

Can anyone recommend which specialty restaurants are the best on Infinty, this will be our first Celebrity cruise . Have cruised mostly on Royal Caribbean. How do these restaurants compare to Royal's?

Jimbo:)

QSine is like a shared tapas restaurant with all kinds of innovative tapas across all cuisines. The only specialty sort of like it on RCCL is Vintages on Oasis class ships and even then they have severely cut back on the types of tapas they offer and what is offered is really only Spanish, not like QSine that criss-crosses cultures. But the menu in QSine is so big, you could go there multiple times and have completely different experiences.

Sushi on 5 is a Sushi restaurant like Izumi originally was but with more upscale preparations.

There is the Tuscan Grill - which is Italian - it's getting mixed reviews but I would bet it is still better than Giovanni's table.

• 4 weeks later...

The discounts, if any, will vary by the cruise. When you go onboard prior to departure, there will be a station and there will usually be an offer on the first night. It usually varies from 20-30% off. There may be discounts on subsequent nights. On our last cruise, there were some nights where no discounts were offered. The best we could get was 10% and the times were very limited such as 6 and 9 pm.