Playa Mia reservation wants full payment?

melski

We've been to Playa Mia twice before and I'm looking at booking again for our cruise in a few weeks. Playa Mia works for my entire family (water toys, slides, etc) but I hate the buffet so I was going to book just a day pay and order food ala carte. I just tried booking it directly on Playa Mia's website and it is charging the full amount with no refunds if bad weather or the ship doesn't pull in. Is this a new policy? Last year, I only paid a deposit (something like $10pp) and brought cash there that day for the amount due. Would you book this knowing you won't get a refund if you can't make it? Should I wait for that day and just go there without a reservation? There will be 4 ships in that day and we are a family of 6.

Hi Melski, You should look into Mr Sanchos beach club. It's $ 49.95 per adult if you book on line before you sail not sure how much for children but only $ 5.00 deposit per person with refund if you don't go. This includes all the drinks and food you want food is very good and you order off a menu. You also have a waiter all day who will take your orders and get all your drinks. Taxi was $ 4.00 per person to get there,and there are a lot of taxi's to get you back. Good luck Gary

You can go to day your arrive without a reservation. 4 ships is on the low average # . So plenty of room. Mr Sanchos' AI could work, but you can also just show up. And Paradise Beach also has watertoys and a large pool.

We've been to Playa Mia twice before and I'm looking at booking again for our cruise in a few weeks. Playa Mia works for my entire family (water toys, slides, etc) but I hate the buffet so I was going to book just a day pay and order food ala carte. I just tried booking it directly on Playa Mia's website and it is charging the full amount with no refunds if bad weather or the ship doesn't pull in. Is this a new policy? Last year, I only paid a deposit (something like $10pp) and brought cash there that day for the amount due. Would you book this knowing you won't get a refund if you can't make it? Should I wait for that day and just go there without a reservation? There will be 4 ships in that day and we are a family of 6.

We've been to playa mia a few times. It does get busy around lunch time, but we try to get there right when we dock and have no problems getting a chair. We usually are the first ones to arrive and we always buy tickets there at the entrance. We were just there over Thanksgiving and they now have a nice shopping area right next to it