Is Dr. E back on board the Magic?

beachseasand

We are sailing on the Magic in March and have heard such wonderful reviews for Dr. E., nothing against Schwartz, but the rave reviews had us a little disappointed when we saw the switch earlier. Please let us know if you have any info. It's not a deal breaker, but we are just curious. Thanks

Dr. D is one of the best we have cruised with. The man is all over the place and a funny funny guy and a very nice person to boot. Lucky is the cruiser that gets to cruise with him. On the par with Mat on the Vista.;p

Just off the Magic yesterday - Dr. E is back! Definitely lived up to all the fabulous reviews!!! Don't miss the "Guess that 70's/80's song" game in the lobby - best time!!!! Have fun!

We booked the Magic in May partly because we wanted to cruise with Dr E again. We cruised on the Magic out of Galveston with him He IS AMAZING!

The absolute best CD ever!

Don't miss the Quest if you cruise on the Magic.

You won't regret it :)

I can see why people like him so much. He is a fun guy with some cool schtick.

Have to admit though, his bit was getting old towards the end of the week (for me).

We're cruising with him again later this year. Maybe I'll see it differently this time.

Thank you everyone for your input. I knew we could count on the Cruise Critic boards to help us out. We are really looking forward to being on the Magic in two and a half weeks.:cool:

We had him on the Glory Thanksgiving '14 and he was one of the best we've ever had. I reached out to him on FB the other day to ask if he'll be on the Magic THIS Thanksgiving and he said "Probably".

We were just on Magic two weeks ago, Dr E.'s first after his vacation.

One-on-one he was very nice and seemed genuine, but as far as being a CD he seemed no different that the myriad of others : very animated, has a catch-phrase,and comes on the PA system waaaaaaay too often to remind everyone of what is going on around the ship because clearly we are all a bunch of illiterates. No better or worse than any others in my view.

Unlike some, we found Dr E to be very irritating by the second day. His "singing" over the intercom was not at all fun or funny. He was pretty good in a show where he sang some songs, but otherwise we found him annoying and repetitive! Mike Pack is by far a better CD.

Hoping he is not on Magic in November! :cool::cool:

Hoping he is not on Magic in November! :cool::cool:

He is going to be on in October confirmed by himself so you will probably have him in November. I think you mean "unlike most" though. He is one of Carnivals more popular Cruise Directors it seems to me and very few have anything negative to say about him. For me personally, Dr. E ties Graham Seymour on Royal Caribbean as the very best CD Ive ever had. Normally I dont even pay attention to the CD but these two guys are awesome at what they do and very outgoing and personable.

He is going to be on in October confirmed by himself so you will probably have him in November. I think you mean "unlike most" though. He is one of Carnivals more popular Cruise Directors it seems to me and very few have anything negative to say about him. For me personally, Dr. E ties Graham Seymour on Royal Caribbean as the very best CD Ive ever had. Normally I dont even pay attention to the CD but these two guys are awesome at what they do and very outgoing and personable.

Ryano, I think Graham is the guy I had on the FOS in Sept 2011 and yes, those 2 have been my favorites too!

Ryano, I think Graham is the guy I had on the FOS in Sept 2011 and yes, those 2 have been my favorites too!

Just googled him and that's the guy we had. He's awesome! In fact, those 2 guys (Graham and Dr. E) are the ONLY 2 I remember from my 10 cruises over the last 8 years.

Just googled him and that's the guy we had. He's awesome! In fact, those 2 guys (Graham and Dr. E) are the ONLY 2 I remember from my 10 cruises over the last 8 years.

I was on Freedom of the Seas in April 2012 and had Graham :) What a great CD he is and one talented singer and comedian. His late night show was MUCH better than the actual comedian they had onboard :)

I went back on Freedom in 2015 with a different Captain and CD and it was a total different experience :( not for the better either