CoolBag - locking beach bag- anyone have one of these?

I having been searching online for a few weeks for a locking beach bag for my upcoming cruise. I decided on the CoolBag and was wondering if anyone already has one? I also liked the Kyss bag but it was on back order.

I decided to spend the extra $ and get the Gen 2 instead of the Gen 1 because even though it cost twice as much I liked the updated features. I know it is going to be bigger than I really wanted but hoping it's not too big. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. It should arrive towards the end of the week.

Well this looks interesting, hadn't heard of this bag before. I do love my KYSS bag that I purchased last year and have used on a couple of cruises now as well as regular trips to the beach. The chain lock is really great for securing belongings! They must be having trouble keeping up with orders now it only took a few weeks to receive mine due to personalized embroidery. But might have to check this one out also. :D

Well this looks interesting, hadn't heard of this bag before. I do love my KYSS bag that I purchased last year and have used on a couple of cruises now as well as regular trips to the beach. The chain lock is really great for securing belongings! They must be having trouble keeping up with orders now it only took a few weeks to receive mine due to personalized embroidery. But might have to check this one out also. :D

Curious. Do you think it is more likely someone will just pick up the bag and walk away with it if there is a lock on it versus no lock?

Curious. Do you think it is more likely someone will just pick up the bag and walk away with it if there is a lock on it versus no lock?

The lock is for locking the bag to something solid. Less likely that someone will pick up a bag locked to another (larger) object.

That is a good question. I'm not sure. My CoolBag was delivered early, I got it today. The lock on the zipper is hidden by a flap on the bag so if someone looked at it they wouldn't even know that it was locked. I will be able to attach the strap around an object, say a lounge chair, so if anyone wanted to steal the bag they would have to carry the lounge chair off with them also. There is a steel cable that runs through the strap so you can't cut through it. It is a little bigger than I wanted and it doesn't really "stand" up but maybe that is because I don't have anything in it yet. I think I am going to like having it when we cruise in 10 days!

• Like 1