Take a rubber door stopper with you

greykangaroo

From experience, I will be taking a rubber wedge door stopper as an essential requirement with me on this cruise on the Aurora.

As you know, cabin doors do not lock from the inside. I guess one can understand the need for this because of emergencies.

However I found that if we went into the cabin during the day, within a short time the door would be thrown open by one and sometimes two stewards who are checking to see if there is any action.

As a first line of defence on the Oriana, we would leave the bathroom door open . This opens in front of the outer door.

Honeymooners take good note.

From experience, I will be taking a rubber wedge door stopper as an essential requirement with me on this cruise on the Aurora.

As you know, cabin doors do not lock from the inside. I guess one can understand the need for this because of emergencies.

However I found that if we went into the cabin during the day, within a short time the door would be thrown open by one and sometimes two stewards who are checking to see if there is any action.

As a first line of defence on the Oriana, we would leave the bathroom door open . This opens in front of the outer door.

Honeymooners take good note.

Well I have to say Greykangaroo I've never had that experience and I'm sure that there is an extra security lock on the doors. Been on Aurora so many times I think I'd of spotted it before if they didn't. Now whether I choose to use them or not is down to me!! The stewards do always knock prior to coming in too!! And of course you have your do not disturb sign. Take your doorstopper but I'm not sure what you will need it for!!

Elaine

I f you say Elaine, that the Aurora cabins have a lock from the inside I will have to believe you as it is a much newer ship and I have yet to sail on it. But I have sailed on the Oriana for a month's cruise in 03 and the cabin doors could not be locked from the inside.

If you didn't find it necessary to lock your door and found that it didn't get thrown open regularly by cabin stewards, it could only mean that in your case they weren't interested in looking.

Hard to imagine that they don't have locks on the inside. Sapphire Princess did when we sailed a few months ago. We also had the 2 sided sign to hang on the door handle with a do not disturb on one side and a make me up on the other. We never had anybody bother us while we were on our trip. The room stewards are kept pretty busy - I didn't think they would have time to do some extra snooping. Gayle

Archived