Hub App./communication question...?

My-T-mouse

My family is going on the Liberty in April. From what I can tell, this ship hasn't been equipped with the hub app as of yet. What are the best alternatives for keeping communication with my 15 year old daughter on board?

Also, if I were to download the app anyway, will I be able to view the ships deck plan/map?

Thanks in advance!

My family is going on the Liberty in April. From what I can tell, this ship hasn't been equipped with the hub app as of yet. What are the best alternatives for keeping communication with my 15 year old daughter on board?

Also, if I were to download the app anyway, will I be able to view the ships deck plan/map?

Thanks in advance!

Just got off the Splendor, and used the hubb app. It was great, and I am computer/app illiterate! You can "chat" with dd anytime you need to for $5 each phone for the week. If the Liberty still doesn't have the app set up by the time you sail, post-its always worked for us! And yes, you will be able to see a map of the ship, along with your account, dining options open, etc.

Just off Conquest and we purchased the chat feature on the Hub - it was sketchy, most of our messages were not received or received after the fact. For seamless communication I would purchase the social package for her and you and use the FB messenger instead of HUB chat feature.

I am happy to hear that they plan to add the app before my sail date. I will try it for the small fee. If that doesn't work well (being a new system on this boat) I like the idea of the social package and IM idea. Anyone wanna save me some searching and tell me the cost for a 3 Day?

The Social plan (lowest internet plan) is $5/day. When you get on board, check www.carnivalwifi.com from your device on your first day. This may have changed since our last cruise last summer, but we were offered a discount on day 1 if we purchased an internet plan for the entirety of the cruise. For example, we got the Social plan on a 5-day cruise and instead of paying $25, we only paid $18 for all 5-days by purchasing it on day 1. Keep in mind, you have to purchase a plan for each device you want to use to communicate with.

If you are all using iPhones and purchase the Social plan, iMessages do work if you don't want to use a stand-alone messaging app.

FYI, according to Carnival FAQ's, the Hub App is available on the Liberty. If you want the chat feature, the $5 fee per device is for the whole cruise; whereas, internet plans are a daily fee.

Thanks for the great info and tips!!

They JUST added the Hub App so it looks like I am good to go. 👍🏻

If that isn't working very well, I will inquire about the social package on Day 1 for the discount. Good info right there, and I appreciate it much!

We used the chat feature of the HUB app last week aboard the Splendor, I will say, for us, anyway, it was slow. And there was no alert when a new text message came in, so we had to keep checking for texts. I did love the "what's happening" & "open times" portion of the hub app. Instead of using the funtimes, it was all on our phones, with a map of where things were on the ship.

I am hoping they will expand the app so that we would/could view deck plans prior to sailing. As far as I can tell, the app only has a countdown clock prior to boarding the ship, it will let you know if your ship is supported too- but that's basically it. I like to view deck plans, open times etc before a cruise & it would be sweet if the app had that feature.