Eagle Center,Ketchikan vs. Sitka

Hsmama

I am researching like crazy right now...I just found a listing for eagle center in Ketchikan...... I was planning to visit the Raptor center in Sitka, I think these sre different places, right? Any advice on which one is a better choice?

I am researching like crazy right now...I just found a listing for eagle center in Ketchikan...... I was planning to visit the Raptor center in Sitka, I think these sre different places, right? Any advice on which one is a better choice?

I have not been to the eagle center in Ketchikan, but the raptor center in Sitka is awesome.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2376089&page=13 Post 250 is the start of the raptor center.

We learned a lot and had a blast here.

In 2012, I walked to the eagle center in Ketchikan. I decided to google it to be able to provide better information here & found:

A reduction of federal funding necessitated closing the Eagle Center at Deer Mountain Tribal Hatchery and Eagle Center. All of the birds were transferred to the raptor center in Sitka and are in good hands.