Door Decorations

Where have you guys been able to find "flame retardanf" door decorations? I've waited years to celebrate a birthday onboard and I will be celebrating my 30th on the paradise in may. I am buying carnivals decorations for inside my room but would love to put some cutout signs and stuff on the door.

Where have you guys been able to find "flame retardanf" door decorations? I've waited years to celebrate a birthday onboard and I will be celebrating my 30th on the paradise in may. I am buying carnivals decorations for inside my room but would love to put some cutout signs and stuff on the door.

We like to get the magnet paper that you can buy and then print out what ever we want to decorate our door with

You most likely will not find any.

We always put a few of the paper cut out decorations that we find at Party City on our door and so far, no one has said anything to us about it. I was specifically waiting for our steward to tell us on our last two cruises to take them down but he never did.

I always remove them on the last night of the cruise and leave no trace of anything on the door.

I will continue to put them up until I'm told to take them down.

If you are really concerned, you can purchase flame retardant spray on Amazon and put it on your decorations. That being said, I don't know of anyone who was asked if their stuff was flame retardant.

Have fun on your cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used a whitebord/with marker that had magnets on the back of it ..bought at dollar store. I used command hooks to hang things on door.. cling cut outs for the mirror in room..dollar store has alot of things to decorate with..no tape allowed

10f5ks6.jpgThis was our door on the Vista 2 months ago.

We crafted, painted, glued everything ourselves. We used strong magnets that were hot glued to everything.

No one said anything, and we even got a few compliments from stewards.

If you are really concerned, you can purchase flame retardant spray on Amazon and put it on your decorations. That being said, I don't know of anyone who was asked if their stuff was flame retardant.

Have fun on your cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, if you read the rules regarding door decorating, flame retardant spray is not allowed. To the OP, if you use commercially made items, as opposed to homemade items, you shouldn't have a problem. Some things to keep in mind. Don't count on having a metal door. Most cabin doors, especially in the newer ships, are wood, so anything magnetic would be useless. Don't use anything that you wouldn't want to get stolen or vandalized. There have been posts about this happening on some cruises. For the rules regarding door decorating, go to the F.A.Q. section on Carnival's home page.

• 3 weeks later...