Guaranteed cabins

Monalis

So we booked a guarantee balcony a few weeks back on the Dream, and I was wondering when I can expect a cabin assignment.

We are wanting to get the couple's spa pass, but am waiting to see what cabin we get.

Does anyone know approximately when Carnival assigns guarantees?

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

So we booked a guarantee balcony a few weeks back on the Dream, and I was wondering when I can expect a cabin assignment.

We are wanting to get the couple's spa pass, but am waiting to see what cabin we get.

Does anyone know approximately when Carnival assigns guarantees?

Anytime between now and the time you check in for your cruise.

For our cruise last July we got our assignment 80 days before sail date but I've read here you could get it at the port the day you sail. Or anything in between.

I have no idea at all what factors determine when they decide to give you your assignment. All I know is it was an exciting day for me lol. I could finally (after having booked a month prior to that) look at pictures of my room and the deck plans and more properly daydream about our cruise.

I almost always book a guarantee, and it's very random. I've gotten my cabin number immediately after completing the booking process and also waited until 6 days before the cruise. Usually it's somewhere in between.

I actually like waiting to find out. It's exciting to me to check for it. Helps me pass the time until we board :)

Thanks everyone. I'm a planner and not being able to look at a deck plan and see what's around my cabin is killing me. 😁

But I think the wait will be worth it. I like surprised and am prepared to find out at the port if need be.

Just as an FYI: even if you were to be assigned a spa cabin, you won't get access to the spa. You have to actually book under the spa cabin rate to get that. Just figured since you said you were waiting to purchase a spa pass, it's because you are waiting to see if you get it for free. But you won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 8 months later...

We're 9 days out and still no assignment - in my past experiences we got a a cabin no later than 30 days out.

Never really had much luck with Carnival - lower decks inside -

Though we have had much better luck with HAL (upper decks and inside to OV) and Princess (actually went from an inside on deck 12 to a balcony across the hall - dont expect to see that one again!) -

But regardless I'll still book GTY's

no issue with "mal de mar" - I need the exercise - so not too concerned with location - and by doing GTY's I can afford to sail more often.

wish us luck -

I've done guarantee for probably 4 out of 8 cruises. I've been assigned anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. I've also been assigned between decks 2 and 7. Those were all insides. It's a crapshoot, but I've yet to get a "bad" room.