Ice Bucket

mafig

We were in the 02/19/2017 sailing in Aqua.

Our room attendant said it needs to be requested otherwise they don't automatically do it,basically upon request. We requested for it to be filled once a day. He did it in the mornings while cleaning the cabin up.

Our room attendant said it needs to be requested otherwise they don't automatically do it,basically upon request.

So, I guess it needs to be on my "bucket list". :rolleyes: :D

Sadly, more "included" items have become "request only". Recently encountered this with bathrobes, ice, toiletry refills and complimentary sparkling wine in concierge class, Some cabin stewards still provide automatically while others wait for you to ask.
Mine were all provided without asking on my January Reflection cruise, so it must be based on the Cabin Steward.

Sadly, more "included" items have become "request only". Recently encountered this with bathrobes, ice, toiletry refills and complimentary sparkling wine in concierge class, Some cabin stewards still provide automatically while others wait for you to ask.

That's true. You wonder sometimes if it is due to cost cutbacks, or plain inefficiency of stewards.

I personally don't think it's for cutbacks. I think some people want the little extras and some don't. Why fill an ice bucket everyday if you are observing someone doesn't have the need or desire for it?

In Aqua we were asked by our room attendant within the first 15 minutes of us getting into our room if we are going to be interested in Canapés on a daily basis. We said yes. I asked him where our sparking champagne was,he said "upon request". He explained to us they were finding some people don't want any of the little extras and I think it became wasteful. Some people don't drink alcohol and don't care for the champagne. I do know it could have been swapped out for wine as well.

I may be wrong but that was our experience.

We requested ice for everyday, we requested canapés for everyday and we picked the day we chose to have champagne on ice in the late afternoon. Our attendant was so very sweet, he even added a beautiful red rose and baby's breath in a vase as well. Maybe that's something new, I dunno-- did not have that last year!

I do think it's time to get rid of the apples and oranges put on a plate. I saw so much of the fruit piled up in carts while rooms were being cleaned. It's a pretty presentation if you will but I think it gets wasted. Time for some changes!