2 Questions: Mocktails and Excursion Weather Cancellations

kadrik0

Hi, Just have a couple of questions. We are leaving on the ABC cruise this Saturday. Most of our excursions are water based. I'm scuba diving at Aruba and a 3 stop snorkeling at Bonaire. I know on my Mexican Rev. cruise they canceled most of the water based excursions due to high winds. I was looking at the weather while we are down there and it is pretty much around 85 degrees and 26-28 mile per hour winds. Granted those numbers are right (we are almost a week away) would upper 20 mile an hour winds cancel water excursions?

I know you can get strawberry daquiris, pina coladas, margaritas, and the chocobana mocktails but is there anything else off the menu I can get as a mocktail? Just want to experiment. Thanks for the help.

Hi, Just have a couple of questions. We are leaving on the ABC cruise this Saturday. Most of our excursions are water based. I'm scuba diving at Aruba and a 3 stop snorkeling at Bonaire. I know on my Mexican Rev. cruise they canceled most of the water based excursions due to high winds. I was looking at the weather while we are down there and it is pretty much around 85 degrees and 26-28 mile per hour winds. Granted those numbers are right (we are almost a week away) would upper 20 mile an hour winds cancel water excursions?

I know you can get strawberry daquiris, pina coladas, margaritas, and the chocobana mocktails but is there anything else off the menu I can get as a mocktail? Just want to experiment. Thanks for the help.

You can request the bartender for any mix you want as long as they have the ingredient and without alcohol. You can also ask their own personal mix that is off the menu and they will gladly prepare it.

I was just going to comment something similar to Easyboy

They can make anything you can think of. Heck, if you wanted a blended watermelon I'm sure you could grab some in the horizon court and ask them to blend it at the bar back there (assuming they aren't super busy).

So be creative and make stuff up, see what they come up with. [emoji4]

Let us know if you find something interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been on many small boat excursions in Aruba and Bonaire. Winds like that are common. Most of the snorkel and dive sites are downwind of the islands, so I would expect your excursions to go. On Aruba they like to take you to the Antilla wreck. Snorkelers above, divers below with maybe 10 boats moored around the site. We had a severe offshore wind that kept blowing weaker snorkelers out to sea. Boats farthest offshore kept busy swimming out lines to haul them back in. Divers looked pretty comfortable 90' down but it was a lot of work swimming around the surface part of the wreck. Pretty neat seeing divers that far away, though.

Bonaire has a great water park bay between Kline Bonaire and the main island. Snorkelers off the shore along the inside wall and divers below. Nice current moving you along the wall even with almost no wind. Can't imagine they would cancel there - much more protected than Aruba and lots less waves than Cozumel.