Studio Cabins...lowest price??

I'd like to hear from some cruisers that have booked a Studio at a really great price....I've looked around and I don't see any of the prices below $1000 (before taxes & fees)...do they ever go for cheap??

(ok...I do see some sailings on Epic that start at around $749....that's actually a good price)

Edited by AnitaVacation

When the Epic first came out, one weekend I grabbed a studio for $479, if I recall. I ended up finding someone else to cruise with me and we looked at getting him a studio as well about a week later, but they had already gone way up in price. I gave up the studio for another cabin suitable for 2 people. So I never sailed at that lower rate. I think it was a one-time price they were testing out or maybe even a glitch in the system. I never have seen a rate that low since.

This past January, for the Breakaway 14 night cruise on the 15th....the remaining Studio's were priced at around 1599. In early Jan.

I snagged a guarantee inside for around 1300. (Single occupancy), and eventually was assigned a nice mid-ship balcony on Deck11. :)

So sometimes, waiting till the last minute pays off...

RJ, would you be able to say through whom you booked this? NCL UK or USA or a travel agent.? Price is excellent

It was through NCL booked in USD. and it was acutally $499!! Just checked the old invoice, Have attached a copy :)

Think it was probably just a good last minute deal as have not been able to get one at that price since. Also had OBC of $25 which is not alot, but still a bonus.

nc4.jpg.7f19a35aafcc66dbec6b857df832b272.jpg

I was booked in Studio for Feb 2016 and as we got closer prices for studios increased and it was cheaper to book a balcony as a solo. Two of the solo cruisers I met had booked balconies as they were way cheap and had no solo supplement. One had such a good time that on the 5th day of cruise he booked for the following week and stayed onboard. His 2nd week cruise was even cheaper as he bought cruise rewards/cruisenext. If I were traveling by myself, I would just wait to book unless there were some issue with perks or wanting a specific cabin.

It was through NCL booked in USD. and it was acutally $499!! Just checked the old invoice, Have attached a copy :)

Think it was probably just a good last minute deal as have not been able to get one at that price since. Also had OBC of $25 which is not alot, but still a bonus.

RJ, I thought you were talking about March 15th this year, i.e. next week. I was ready to find that deal. Also did not realise that you had to pay 23.5% tax on that price. Oh well ! :)

I booked a 10-day Epic sailing to the Canary Islands about 18 months in advance and the price including port fees was less than $1,000. But, my next Epic sailing is slightly more than that not including the port fees and it's only 7 days. Sometimes you get a great deal and other times you bite the bullet if you really want that itinerary and time of year.

One had such a good time that on the 5th day of cruise he booked for the following week and stayed onboard. His 2nd week cruise was even cheaper as he bought cruise rewards/cruisenext. If I were traveling by myself, I would just wait to book unless there were some issue with perks or wanting a specific cabin.

Love that story....When I retire, that could be me...39 weeks to go...but who's counting?;p

3 years ago I booked in Feburary a Studio for the Breakaway the October for $545- I week earlier I then upgraded to a balcony for $250 more, but had I waited a few more days would have had the balcony for only $50 more. However, these days are over with the current leadership. I booked 2 studios for the Escape next year for $1,099 which is close to the miminum aside from the $749 ones I see on the Epic as mentioned earlier in this thread.

I have an 11 day on the Epic starting November 24, 2018 booked for $999, before taxes+. I took the shorex perk for $50 for ALL 7 ports plus debarkation. Since I'm platinum I also get 10% of excursions. I think that's a really good deal.

I don't drink and I don't eat at specialty dining other than with platinum certificates so this will be a super economical trip for me.