Laundry on HAL Ships

3jesse3

We use the laundry service last year on our 14 day Alaska Great Explorer--every day. Absolutely no complaints! Our stewards noticed that my husband's pants did not come back one day and they made sure they got located. Now, I will say that I do not buy dry clean only clothes because I ruin those myself. And, yes, I did send my "delicates".

We have used the $20 laundry bag on most of our HAL cruises and have only had one problem and that is they delivered the wrong underwear to us, it was quickly remedied and we go the right ones.

Have never had any problem with fading or coloration of clothes sent to the laundry,.

Paid $86 for our last cruise on Oosterdam for 12 days. Wife told me she wouldn't use it that much. After the 2nd day she was hooked. They do a fantastic job. And if you buy the unlimited package like we did you can pack a little lighter for a long cruise. But they did lose a brand new pair of pants of mine. They asked me about how much they cost and a credit was applied to my account immediately no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We get free laundry and over the last 150 days of cruising we have had 2 items lost by the HAL laundry and one T-Shirt ruined. These were not expensive items and I just went to the front desk and they gave me a credit on my account. We don't send anything delicate out but love the free laundry.

Just got back from 12 day Australia/New Zealand on Noordam. Last cruise, I did a few of the 'fit as much as you can in a bag' for $20 option. This cruise, I had planned on doing that, supplementing my normal 'wash it in the sink' option I general use on vacations, land and sea. However, spur of the moment, the day after we boarded, I chose Unlimited Llaundry option for $84. Best. Decision. Ever. We used it pretty much daily. It was returned either that evening or the next morning, folded as requested. Nothing was lost or ruined. I had 3 minor issues: 1) the elastic waist band on my white undies came back a bit yellow, although the white cotton was not similarly affected. 2) I had one polo shirt that had a very small stain on the chest, which I noted on the form, but the stain remained and 3) pretty sure my jeans came back a tiny bit tight. This was either from them being machine dried or the cruise buffet caught up with. Or both, lol! The jeans easily loosened upon wearing. None of these blips will deter me from choosing unlimited option on every cruise now. I anticipate being able to bring less clothes this way, as well. A win/win all around, imo!

We used the laundry offer on our 14 day Alaska cruise last year on the Maasdam and were very pleased with the prompt service. We didn't send anything delicate. My wife hand washed a few things. The whites were not as white as home washing but I'm not complaining. We will do this again on our next HAL cruise.

Happy sailing!

I have been on over 500 sailing days with HAL. I have probably had ten items ruined in some way in the laundry. On my last cruise, several of us at my dinner table had items come back either with black streaks - or dark items with grey streaks or I'm my case, also one torn item. I use the self serve laundry for personal items and anything I don't want ruined. I take older clothes - pants and t shirts - that I do send to the ship laundry so I don't care what happens to them. Be aware!

Is the $20 a bag offer available on 7 day cruises? If so, is it always available on certain days (day 3, day 5 etc.) or is it offered on random days? Trying to figure out the timing so I can pack accordingly. :-)

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Is the $20 a bag offer available on 7 day cruises? If so, is it always available on certain days (day 3, day 5 etc.) or is it offered on random days? Trying to figure out the timing so I can pack accordingly. :-)

The $20/bag offer is practically every single day, on every cruise. The only day(s) it's not offered would be at the end of a cruise, when there's no time left to do the laundry, and get it back to you in time to be packed and disembark.

If you are staying on for the next cruise, you can even send it then, too. :D