symphony of the seas TA

John and Kitty Bonner from Memphis, Tennessee are booked on this one. Booked a balcony on Deck 10. First TA on new ship. Will be using Choice Air for flights. Missed the Harmony TA. Heard great things about it. Determined not to miss this one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi neighbor- we are also on deck 10.

I have a question - we booked a 23 night transpacific on the RCI ship. We found a better price, but couldn't transfer the booking, so we rebooked and changed that booking to this cruise. We have not transferred a booking with RCI before. They said we still had to pay the tax rate of the original booking (a lot more than the tax rate for this cruise), Has anyone else done this and had the same problem?

They aren't connected to cabin cost. They can go up from time to time. With our sailing, Royal entered in the incorrect amount, so those that booked when they were the lower rate, should get them adjusted.

Often if the taxes and fees are too high they will show as a credit once onboard. Those that were charged the incorrect rate, shouldn't have to wait until then.

Booked on the 8th. Got a great cabin. Never been on one of the mega ships (usually prefer the smaller ones) but, must give it a try. What better time than on a brand new ship.

You will love it, there's so much to see an do

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all

We booked this when the TA itinerary was posted. This will be our second TA cruise and we'll be celebrating the wife's 50th birthday. We did our first TA this past October on Celebrity Reflection. We loved the sea days and are hooked and ready for another in 2018. In the interests of full disclosure, we are also looking at the TA on Celebrity Edge. Yes sad but true, we might switch to the Celebrity Edge if the deal and itinerary and price is right. I want Symphony but the wife wants to see what the new Celebrity ship is going to be like before we make the final call But for now our focus is on the Symphony.

Cheers!

Tom

Has Air2Sea been extended to UK bookings? I thought their only choice from RC was the traditional cruise air.

No I tried, and could not get the deals quoted on the Web site, would not work for UK,

Tried phoning up and was quoted twice the price, although still half the price booking one way with regular air line,

Funny how all the main airlines quote the same:o

John and Kitty Bonner from Memphis, Tennessee are booked on this one. Booked a balcony on Deck 10. First TA on new ship. Will be using Choice Air for flights. Missed the Harmony TA. Heard great things about it. Determined not to miss this one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey there! We are originally from Memphis, and your names sound familiar. I'm 50 now and moved to Austin in 2000. I went to elementary in Millington and high school in Germantown. Lived in Cordova immediately before moving to Austin. Wonder if we know each other? Regardless, look forward to meeting fellow Memphians onboard!

WOW!! Been a while since I have been on CC. Bill and I are booked in a Boardwalk Cabin, Deck 11, 11709. We paid PP All fees, 2797.96, taxes /fees were 63.48 PP. We are D+ and this will be our 4th TA. Last one was in 2014. LOVE the sea days, looks like a lot of them. I do other Social media sites so I will keep up with this one also. Been to Malaga on the First TA and loved it. Looking forward to meeting everyone, Both of us are still working guys so Vacation is limited to 4 weeks every year. We have 3 cruises booked before this one so we can continue to keep our feet wet. We hail from Southern California, Beach Guys during the week and Desert Guys ( Palm Springs ) on the weekends. Anaheim Angels And Anaheim Ducks Fans, so I can talk sports with some of you. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! BTW, 90's in the desert all week, NO SNOW!! :-)

We just booked a Boardwalk balcony. Pricing was all over the map in the past fw hours, we jumped when it it hit 2200 for the cabin. It will be our 6th TA (counting two we have not taken yet)---yes we love all those sea days. Our only to mega ship sailings were the Oasis and Harmony TAs---I think lots of time onboard and miminal stops make the most sense for us on the huge ships (I love small ships too, with good iterneraries---totally different experience).

I booked about midnight right after the bookings opened. Have a balcony on deck 10. This wi

ll be our 4th TA- third on Oasis class. We love these cruises and had an amazing time on the Harmony this year. I am sorry they are not doing Palma de Majorca again- but we will go over a few weeks before the cruise and get in a great European land trip. If this board is as active as this past fall's Harmony- get ready for alot of reading and fun planning.

Fran and Tom

We just booked a Boardwalk balcony. Pricing was all over the map in the past fw hours, we jumped when it it hit 2200 for the cabin. It will be our 6th TA (counting two we have not taken yet)---yes we love all those sea days. Our only to mega ship sailings were the Oasis and Harmony TAs---I think lots of time onboard and miminal stops make the most sense for us on the huge ships (I love small ships too, with good iterneraries---totally different experience).

Sounds like you got a very good price - congrats!

WOW!! Been a while since I have been on CC. Bill and I are booked in a Boardwalk Cabin, Deck 11, 11709. We paid PP All fees, 2797.96, taxes /fees were 63.48 PP. We are D+ and this will be our 4th TA. Last one was in 2014. LOVE the sea days, looks like a lot of them. I do other Social media sites so I will keep up with this one also. Been to Malaga on the First TA and loved it. Looking forward to meeting everyone, Both of us are still working guys so Vacation is limited to 4 weeks every year. We have 3 cruises booked before this one so we can continue to keep our feet wet. We hail from Southern California, Beach Guys during the week and Desert Guys ( Palm Springs ) on the weekends. Anaheim Angels And Anaheim Ducks Fans, so I can talk sports with some of you. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! BTW, 90's in the desert all week, NO SNOW!! :-)

Hi Bill and Mike, we (Lee & Petra) cruised together way back in May 2009 on Mariner. It was one of the cruises that was diverted to the Pacific Northwest. I believe you guys ran the cabin crawl. It will be good to see you again on Symphony!

By the way we were in cabin 12719 on the Harmony TA. Yours is a little further towards the aft but you will likely have some obstruction from the Ultimate Abyss slide. But you should still be able to see the ocean and part of the aqua theater.

It is in the 90s this weekend in Tucson. I think we got like 6 inches of sunshine! :)

We booked Symphony for our first TA on the morning of the 8th and are waiting for the Roll Call to be activated.

We are in the same deck 8 BW balcony room we had on Harmony last month. We loved the room and had a decent enough view of the ocean with almost no obstruction from the Abyss.

We will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary at sea.:cool:

Sounds like you got a very good price - congrats!

We're very happy with it. I think it came to 2207 with all the taxes and fees---but that does include a diamond discount. We couldn'T get two at that price (wanted to hold one for my in laws). Luckily, once the US was awake, my in laws let us know they prefer an interior becuase they like it being dark to sleep---so we booked them in an interior and they can join us on our balcony from time to time.

We booked Symphony for our first TA on the morning of the 8th and are waiting for the Roll Call to be activated.

We are in the same deck 8 BW balcony room we had on Harmony last month. We loved the room and had a decent enough view of the ocean with almost no obstruction from the Abyss.

We will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary at sea.:cool:

MAy I ask where on the BW that is? We have never had a Boardwalk cabin and tried to figure out what might be a good view from deck 8.

We have BW balcony 9329 for the Symphony TA...can anyone who's been on Harmony speak from experience on that room and how obstructed (or not obstructed) the view is due to the slide?...thanks!

We were in 8727 on Harmony last month which is 1 deck below 9329 and 1 further away aft. You will be able to see the Abyss (it's about 10-15 feet away from the balcony, but the view of the Water Shows and large screens should be great and you will still have a nice view of the ocean. :D

MAy I ask where on the BW that is? We have never had a Boardwalk cabin and tried to figure out what might be a good view from deck 8.

Were were in 8727 on Harmony and it's the second furthest aft (rear) Boardwalk balcony. I would think the aft views are preferable.