One night in Venice hotel recommendation

TXHappyCruiser

I know I've seen it before but couldn't find it when looking today. Can someone please recommend the best locations to stay near the port that don't require carrying luggage over bridges. We fly into VCE.

Go to Trivago and look at hotels in Piazzale Roma.

We stayed at Hotel Arlecchino at Piazzale Roma square. Very convenient location, reasonable rate and free breakfast.

We plan to stay there again next year. There is another in the area called Hotel Santa Chiara that someone said was very nice and reasonable too.

Good luck.

This is the web site for " how many bridges to cross" .

Only 2 have NO bridge crossing. Some of them, like the Olimpia and Arlecchino only have 1 small bridge to cross.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/bridges/piazzale-roma.htm

If you dont plan on sightseeing, you could also stay nr VCE. Or, stay in mestre which is across the causeway from venice.

Or, leave your excess luggage at the Left Luggage facility a P Roma, and stay anywhere you want!

Edited by mapleleaves

If you type " Venice Santa Croce" in any of the hotel search engines, you should get a nice selection.

Santa Croce is the district of Venice that basically includes the train station (St Lucia), Piazzale Roma, bits of the Grand Canal, the cruise ship port etc.

We have stayed several times at the hotel Antice Figure and hotel Gardena and were very happy at both. There is often a hefty surcharge for "canal views". I my opinion its not worth the money. That money would pay for a nice round of Aperol Spritz or dinner..