Which Southern Caribbean Cruise?

This is my second thread on my thanksgiving cruise decisions and basically, we have thrown the partial panama's out of the question. We will do it one day, but for now, we can see many other places and not have to pay the huge port tax just to go through the canal.

So really it comes down to ABC or Non-ABC.

8 Days on the Crown Princess - 4 Sea Days, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao

10 Days on the Koningsdam - 3 Sea Days, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk,

10 Days on the Celebrity Reflection - 4 Sea Days, Overnight in Sint Maarten, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia,

10 Days on the Royal Princess - 3 Sea Days, Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Antigua, and Barbados.

So I'm not considered about cruise line wise (except the Crown Princess looks a little shabby), but otherwise, which one do you prefer the best? Really, we haven't been to any of these ports (except we will be going to Grand Turk, St Thomas, and Half Moon Cay next month).

All of them are similar in price except the 8 day on the Crown which is a little cheaper (obvious reasons).

Any opinions! I want to see something beautiful. :)

I love the Royal Princess cruise.

St Thomas: take the ship's excursion to Trunk Bay on St. John - just totally gorgeous! Even the ferry going over!

St. Lucia - do the St. Lucia by Land and Sea:

http://herodstours.com/st-lucia-land-and-sea-tour/

FABULOUS AND GORGEOUS!!!!

St. Kitts - take the catamaran to Nevis.

Antigua - https://adventureantigua.com

Barbados - if you have never swum with sea turtles, this is the place to do it!

I hate sea days & I love St. Lucia & St. Kitts so I would go with the Royal Princess unless the HAL cruise is substantially cheaper.

What ports do they depart from & what will be the costs / level of aggravation to go to & from the ports.

I love the Royal Princess cruise.

St Thomas: take the ship's excursion to Trunk Bay on St. John - just totally gorgeous! Even the ferry going over!

St. Lucia - do the St. Lucia by Land and Sea:

http://herodstours.com/st-lucia-land-and-sea-tour/

FABULOUS AND GORGEOUS!!!!

St. Kitts - take the catamaran to Nevis.

Antigua - https://adventureantigua.com

Barbados - if you have never swum with sea turtles, this is the place to do it!

We are taking the ferry over when we visit on the Eurodam next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want more than one "beach break" style port then consider Koningsdam. Otherwise it is Royal Princess in a runaway with much less similarities between the ports than the other three.

Though I have no clue how you came to think that Crown Princess "looks a little shabby". Would that be just because it is 10 years old and the other thee are 4 or less? Though if lack of "new ship smell" is really a dealbreaker for you, Royal Princess or Koningsdam are the way to go.

And for further consideration, a Cruise Critic member who does outstanding "live-from" threads was just on Koningsdam with the same itinerary last month:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2457015

(links to dailies and menu within)

So really it comes down to ABC or Non-ABC.

8 Days on the Crown Princess - 4 Sea Days, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao

10 Days on the Koningsdam - 3 Sea Days, Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Half Moon Cay, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk,

:)

We would pick either of these two because they take you into the DEEP Southern Caribbean. :)

One other thing to consider is the cruise lines and ships. The Konigsdam is the newest ship on HAL. You'll find HAL to be a different style than Princess.

Personally, I'd go back to the ABC islands any day, they are my favorite. And I prefer the HAL style of cruising with great service and less glitz.

Your cruising preferences are most important.

Neal

One other thing to consider is the cruise lines and ships. The Konigsdam is the newest ship on HAL. You'll find HAL to be a different style than Princess.

Personally, I'd go back to the ABC islands any day, they are my favorite. And I prefer the HAL style of cruising with great service and less glitz.

Your cruising preferences are most important.

Neal

We have decided to hold off until our first HAL cruise on the Eurodam in April. If we like it, we just might end up on the Konigsdam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums