When you're not cruising Carnival, who do you cruise and why?

B4RK3R

I have sailed HAL, Disney, RCI and next year Celebrity. The last two are because we were going with a group and that is the line they chose. HAL we picked because the ship had an awesom teen area with its own pool for our 2 teenage daughters and Disney because I have grandkids and I found an awesome military price (DH is retired Navy). I feel very comfortable with Carnival but will branch out.

We have been on Carnival several times, Holland America, and Celebrity and enjoyed them all very much. Just did a cruise on Oceana for the first time last year and really loved it - some differences were :

Smaller ship which means a smaller passenger count, much easier/quicker to get on and off the ship.

No lines at buffet and much smaller crowds anywhere in general. People seemed more relaxed - no cutting in line at the buffet or taking huge, heaped plates of food and leaving most of it on the table.

Specialty restaurants were fabulous and didn't cost extra.

Biggest differences - and to me - the best: No one constantly trying to take your picture or sell you something, relaxed atmosphere all around, casual dress code for the entire cruise, great European itineraries.

Having said that, I still love Carnival and will happily cruise with them in the future.

Well...according to my signature link, that would be NCL. :D We have been sailing with NCL primarily since 2010 (sailed NCL and RC back in the 80's & 90's) and have sailed almost the entire fleet. However, we did our first Carnival sailing in 2013 and have been sailing with Carnival at least 1-2x a year now and will continue to do so. :)

I just started cruising just over 4 years ago, first on CCL, then on Royal now #17 later , my last four and most likely my next four (or more), will be on NCL. Let me make it known I'm a solo traveler, and no one does it better than NCL. Their solo rates. studio lounge, solo gatherings! All just great! Today I received an e-mail from CCL, and I stated that until they catch on to what NCL is doing, CCL will no longer be seeing me on their cruise line.