Phoning home

es0

(disclaimer - this will be my first cruise)

I will be traveling with a friend, while leaving hubby at home. I would like to call him periodically during the (HOTS) cruise.

I use AT&T and I see that they have a couple of "cuise" packages. (https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/cruise-packages.html) Would this be something worth considering, or are there other options that might be better?

ATT you can make WiFi calls for free. When in port, find a WiFi spot, and call him. Outside of that, text him occasionally, and say you are great, miss him, etc all in one long text line.......

Thanks! That sounds like a much better plan. :)

ATT you can make WiFi calls for free. When in port, find a WiFi spot, and call him. Outside of that, text him occasionally, and say you are great, miss him, etc all in one long text line.......

Wifi calls? hmmm.. so if I have the VOOM package, does that mean I can wifi-call him from the ship?

Wifi calls? hmmm.. so if I have the VOOM package, does that mean I can wifi-call him from the ship?

Yes. We also use FaceTime with the grandkids.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not all phones support wi-fi calling. OP, be sure and check that yours does.

WiFi calling has to be enabled, it's not automatic. Check with your carrier to make sure your phone and software version is capable.

Not all phones support wi-fi calling. OP, be sure and check that yours does.

Thanks for that heads up. I'll test it.

Facetime is also a viable option.

In summary, the extra cost of a telephone "cruise" package is probably a waste of money since there are other, free options available.