Mediterranean Azamara ship excursions : need some help!

Al54

Hi everybody! First Azamara cruise. For differents reasons, I'm interested in ship's shore excursions (not private ones or DIY) I know some of you already made azamara excursions in Mediterranean sea and would like to get (authorized!) advices about some tours :

- Lucca and winetasting (not really a wine lover, but would like to see some country landscapes, not only towns.)

- Pope's summer residence and Vatican (maybe new because Castelgandolfo has been recently opened to the public)

- Gladiator's tour (of course as an alternative to Vatican)

- Naxxar and M'dina palaces and gardens in Malta (already visited M'dina and love it, but would like to see the gardens.)

- The world of Gaudi with an architect.

Thanks for helping!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi everybody! First Azamara cruise. For differents reasons, I'm interested in ship's shore excursions (not private ones or DIY) I know some of you already made azamara excursions in Mediterranean sea and would like to get (authorized!) advices about some tours :

- Lucca and winetasting (not really a wine lover, but would like to see some country landscapes, not only towns.)

- Pope's summer residence and Vatican (maybe new because Castelgandolfo has been recently opened to the public)

- Gladiator's tour (of course as an alternative to Vatican)

- Naxxar and M'dina palaces and gardens in Malta (already visited M'dina and love it, but would like to see the gardens.)

- The world of Gaudi with an architect.

Thanks for helping!

Not ignoring you just not done any of these. We had planned to do the Lucca one last year but it got cancelled because of low demand on the day we wanted it. Those who had been the day before (we went to Florence then) said it was very nice. We hope to maybe do it this summer

Thanks uktog. Except Malta M'dina, and Barcelona (40 years ago), I've never visited those towns being generally a "Northern countries" addict.

We did the Lucca with wine tasting tour a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

The time in Lucca was a little short by gave a nice overview.

The vineyard was in a lovely setting if a little modern.

Wines and bites also very nice and plentiful.

A very good trip overall

We have done the ship's Lucca and wine tasting trip. We really enjoyed it. Our guide was fabulous and very knowledgeable.

Lucca is wonderful, and has a lovely piazza and lots of great little shops down great little streets!

My husband jokes that although we only had a little time allotted for shopping, I managed to buy a wonderful cashmere shawl.

The wine tasting was great. 5 or 6 different wines to taste, and not tiny measures either. Lots of lovely nibbles and a great host.

We really enjoyed the day, and a lot of our fellow trippers had a little nap on the coach on the way home.

I haven't done the ships excursion to Naxxar and M'Dina, but my mother is Maltese and lives there for half the year, so we visit her often.

We went to Naxxar Palazzo a couple of years ago and it is wonderful, very baroque. The house and gardens are quite small but are beautiful, and in my opinion definitely worth a visit.

Thanks a lot, gonecroozin, your "first hand" answer (don´t know if this expression really exists in english) helped me to take my decision : I´ll definitely choose those excursions.