Can an RCL cruiser give me their thoughts on Holland?

Truluv

LoraineP.....are you booked on the Anthem of the Sea ...on 4/17/2017?

Don't know if you remember us..Charlotte & Bob from Saylorsburg..Pocono Mt.

Think we meet you and Ed on our 14 day new England cruise several years ago....lost your e-mail address.

Hope you are booked and we see you at the bus in Bethlehem on the 17th.

Charlotte

I'm curious...other than a suite lounge in the evening that served cocktails, what else did RCL offer their suite guests that HAL did not? I looked at a list of RCL benefits and it seems pretty comparable.

I'm sailing in my first Neptune suite next week and am excited to experience the perks being offered. While I know there is no dedicated 'bar' area for suite guests to use late into the evening, I understand that the Neptune Lounge (for those in Neptune and Pinnacle suites) now has an 'honor' bar with some liquor and mixers for you to help yourselves (writing down your suite number so the charge can go on your bill).

There are plenty of lounges on HAL ships so the need for a dedicated 'suite' bar seems overkill. If one wants a private cocktail party, HAL concierges will arrange for a bar setup in your suite complete with mixers and glasses as well as hors' d oeuvres for your group.

The main difference in concierge /suite lounge on RCCL VS Neptune lounge is the drinks, same sort of hors'd oeuves on both lines and it is nice if you want to have a party in suite that they will supply the snacks and glasses etc. I also love Pinnacle grill way better than chops for atmosphere , but normally can have lunch in a specialty on RCCL at least on sea days. Concierge can be good or bad on both lines, RCCL walks you off at disembarkation and have dedicated pool sitting area on at least some ships. Also dedicated seats for shows on RCCL , entertainment in general is just so much better on RCCL

On our most recent K'dam ship 2/12/17-03/01/17 there were 62 kids. They were never a bother. Hardly ever saw them. HAL have current movies shown on their big screen in the pool area

and in your cabin ... no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LoraineP.....are you booked on the Anthem of the Sea ...on 4/17/2017?

Don't know if you remember us..Charlotte & Bob from Saylorsburg..Pocono Mt.

Think we meet you and Ed on our 14 day new England cruise several years ago....lost your e-mail address.

Hope you are booked and we see you at the bus in Bethlehem on the 17th.

Charlotte

Definitely remember you & Bob. Will be great to see you again. We also booked Summit New England again for 9/24/17. Will call Transbridge to arrange bus transportation. Do you have same email rdj...............

On HAL, there is so much history associated w the line. RCI ships are as if you are on land, less emphasis on the sea & vessel. I feel (personal impression) that on RCI, groups are isolated to their personal groups & connectivity w others is lost (too many venues loses ability to really mingle). HAL loves their solo guests & it's nice to have smaller ships for those w special needs (shorter walks!).

Love HAL.

Holland America was my very first cruise back in the 80's. Was on the old Statendam and cruised to Alaska. HAL is first class all the way.

Was just on Zuierdam in November and HAL is still one of my favorites.

Even though we are Diamond on RCCL, I will take HAL any day.

We can drive to the port in Baltimore, which makes it much easier to take RCCL or Carnival...but..., we are now checking out other cruises on HAL and also MSC (due to their matching status).

you will Love HAL....

Definitely remember you & Bob. Will be great to see you again. We also booked Summit New England again for 9/24/17. Will call Transbridge to arrange bus transportation. Do you have same email rdj...............

Yes e-mails the same...picked up our Bus tickets already. Would like to ask questions about the Dining room on this ship.

Charlotte

Love HAL.

Holland America was my very first cruise back in the 80's. Was on the old Statendam and cruised to Alaska. HAL is first class all the way.

Was just on Zuierdam in November and HAL is still one of my favorites.

Even though we are Diamond on RCCL, I will take HAL any day.

We can drive to the port in Baltimore, which makes it much easier to take RCCL or Carnival...but..., we are now checking out other cruises on HAL and also MSC (due to their matching status).

you will Love HAL....

I cruised Hal Rotterdam in 1977 and 1978 loved that ship and taking a Hal cruise is a little bit like going back in time to 70's and 80's, which is good is some ways not that good in others

I cruised Hal Rotterdam in 1977 and 1978 loved that ship and taking a Hal cruise is a little bit like going back in time to 70's and 80's, which is good is some ways not that good in others

I was in Rotterdam last year and the fifth generation SS Rotterdam is parked there on the river as a hotel, refurbished to 1950s style. Fantastic.