Wifi questions

Faw1001

Hi

I got 250 minutes free as a perk but I think I will upgrade to unlimited.

Do the 250 minutes apply to everyone staying in the cabin i.e. can both my partner and I use it?

Same question for unlimited.

I am guessing with unlimited noone else can use it e.g. a traveling companion staying in another cabin?

This is probably a silly question but does it work all over the ship?

TIA

You are given a login and you or anyone you give that to is able to use it BUT there can only be one machine logged in at any time. And it does work all over the ship but there may not be great connections in some places.

I got 250 minutes free as a perk but I think I will upgrade to unlimited. Do the 250 minutes apply to everyone staying in the cabin i.e. can both my partner and I use it? Same question for unlimited.

I am guessing with unlimited noone else can use it e.g. a traveling companion staying in another cabin?

This is probably a silly question but does it work all over the ship? TIA

When you log on for the first time, you will be prompted to setup a userid and password. You use that userid to log on to the wifi (which you can share). You have to log off after each use, otherwise the clock keeps ticking.

People report that you can upgrade your perk to unlimited, but that is at the discretion of the internet manager onboard. In the past it was not allowed.

NCL is also piloting a tiered service on a couple of ships.

Is there any way to allow more than one person to log on at a time without paying for two plans? I expect that we will both want to use the wifi at the same time while chilling out in the cabin.

Is there any way to allow more than one person to log on at a time without paying for two plans? I expect that we will both want to use the wifi at the same time while chilling out in the cabin.

Only one user per account at a time.

Only by sharing the connection somehow from one of your devices, we have shared it via another connection type on the laptop to another laptop, either from WiFi to Ethernet or vice versa.

• 8 months later...

I am thinking of sharing the unlimited package with 3 cabins. Assign 1 hour blocks to each cabin, ie. Cabin 1 8,11,2,5 and Cabin 2 9,12,3,6, etc. IF 2 in one cabin, they can each divide the time between themselves.

Questions: Is it easy to sign in?

I suppose one cabin buys the package and shares his/her ID and password???

Does the ID / Password have to be the same as an NCL or ship password (ie. can everyone see the Buyer's reservations, ship charges, etc.??

Thanks.

You can only have ONE 'machine' logged in at any time. It doesn't matter how many machines you want to use. Anyone with the user name and password you have selected can then login on any machine. Logically all information is available to anyone who can login.

I have just had a thought; two single women on the same cruise as us a little why ago shared one lot of unlimited. They had worked out one hour on one hour off on a regular basis each day. I am not sure how it worked but they seemed happy with the set-up.