Tour guides

glynbaz

We have booked Sapphire Princess Asia in November visiting Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Kuala Lumpur.

Can anyone recommend any not to miss places to visit and also any good tour companies, rather than using Princess.

Thanks

Glynis

Just back from Asia a few days ago. We had fantastic guides in Thailand and Vietnam. In Bangkok, Thailand we used bkktours.com. We spent 4 wonderful days in Vietnam in different ports. Here we used www.travelauthenticasia.com you can write to Ngoan. She is very responsive in her email, and she will set up unbelievable tours for your that are very, very reasonable. We loved every tour she arranged. Great guides, food and sights. We started out on the roll call with only 2 of us and the response was so great we ended up with 2 small groups going. Each with their own van. So much cheaper than the ships tours. I can't say enough about each of these companies. Please mention Annette when you write to Ngoan.

Just back from Asia a few days ago. We had fantastic guides in Thailand and Vietnam. In Bangkok, Thailand we used bkktours.com. We spent 4 wonderful days in Vietnam in different ports. Here we used www.travelauthenticasia.com you can write to Ngoan. She is very responsive in her email, and she will set up unbelievable tours for your that are very, very reasonable. We loved every tour she arranged. Great guides, food and sights. We started out on the roll call with only 2 of us and the response was so great we ended up with 2 small groups going. Each with their own van. So much cheaper than the ships tours. I can't say enough about each of these companies. Please mention Annette when you write to Ngoan.

Thanks is there anything you recommend we should definitely see or do ?

We were in Ho Chi Min, Nha Trang, Da Nang and Halong Bay. Each excursion was anywhere from 8 to 10 hours long. So there was so much to be seen. It hasn't been that long since I am back, and haven't been through my over 4,000 pictures yet. I know that in one port we went to a floating market which was fascinating, and Halong Bay was beautiful. Each port was different. Ask Ngoan to send you the tour descriptions. They were all great.

In Bangkok the Grand Palace and a long tail boat ride were highlights. We did have an overnight so got to do many sights. Another standout was the traditional market that was on a train track. Several times a day the train actually comes right through the market. Merchants remove their food and goods from the track, people scramble to get off the track and the train runs through. A few minutes later it is business as usual.

All I can say is that Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam were my all time favorite places to visit. Whatever I saw I was fascinated by.

We were in Ho Chi Min, Nha Trang, Da Nang and Halong Bay. Each excursion was anywhere from 8 to 10 hours long. So there was so much to be seen. It hasn't been that long since I am back, and haven't been through my over 4,000 pictures yet. I know that in one port we went to a floating market which was fascinating, and Halong Bay was beautiful. Each port was different. Ask Ngoan to send you the tour descriptions. They were all great.

In Bangkok the Grand Palace and a long tail boat ride were highlights. We did have an overnight so got to do many sights. Another standout was the traditional market that was on a train track. Several times a day the train actually comes right through the market. Merchants remove their food and goods from the track, people scramble to get off the track and the train runs through. A few minutes later it is business as usual.

All I can say is that Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam were my all time favorite places to visit. Whatever I saw I was fascinated by.

thank you for all the information, can I ask how far in advance did you book your tours and what ship were you on?

We were on Holland America Volendam, and booked these excursions about 9 months in advance. They did ask for deposits, but with both companies I stated that I would reserve the date, but asked not to pay the deposit until 1 month before the actual tours. This was not a problem with either company. I do know that BKK tours in Thailand runs 2 groups, but they are small, and both filled up quickly. If you want to use them, reserve the date. I also posted these tours on our roll call, and got so much response that I had to close the tours. I kept Bangkok to 6, but in Vietnam the groups ranged from 11 - 29. We did have 2 buses because I wanted to keep the tours to a maximum of 15 per vehicle.

We were on Holland America Volendam, and booked these excursions about 9 months in advance. They did ask for deposits, but with both companies I stated that I would reserve the date, but asked not to pay the deposit until 1 month before the actual tours. This was not a problem with either company. I do know that BKK tours in Thailand runs 2 groups, but they are small, and both filled up quickly. If you want to use them, reserve the date. I also posted these tours on our roll call, and got so much response that I had to close the tours. I kept Bangkok to 6, but in Vietnam the groups ranged from 11 - 29. We did have 2 buses because I wanted to keep the tours to a maximum of 15 per vehicle.

Ok thank you