Changing dates of a Next Cruise booking

Update. I'm leaving our booking as is for now. I tried to move it to a later date for a pretty good savings but the bimbo I spoke to at RCCL tried to move me to a date I hadn't even mentioned. I asked to move from Feb 3 to March 17. After selecting a new cabin for (what I thought was) 3/17, she tells me my price will increase nearly $300. WHAT? Why would I do that? Then we discover the problem. She wasn't looking at 3/17. So we go to 3/17. No satisfactory cabin is available. I said never mind and leave my booking as is w/my D2 hump cabin. I'll just hold out for price drops.

I was told two things I didn't know. I could move my booking once. Move it a second time and I lose my $150 obc. Then she told me that the same applies to price drops. I get only 2 without penalty. I ask for a price drop a 3rd time and bye-bye obc. Funny how that wasn't explained to me when I booked on board the Oasis. The gal I just spoke to told me I should have used an open booking as they are more flexible. Yeah, I know about open bookings but the obc is only $25 which is why I chose to get a next cruise booking. And I specifically remember asking about price drops. There were no red flags to suggest there could be a problem in the future.

Cathy

Update. I'm leaving our booking as is for now. I tried to move it to a later date for a pretty good savings but the bimbo I spoke to at RCCL tried to move me to a date I hadn't even mentioned. I asked to move from Feb 3 to March 17. After selecting a new cabin for (what I thought was) 3/17, she tells me my price will increase nearly $300. WHAT? Why would I do that? Then we discover the problem. She wasn't looking at 3/17. So we go to 3/17. No satisfactory cabin is available. I said never mind and leave my booking as is w/my D2 hump cabin. I'll just hold out for price drops.

I was told two things I didn't know. I could move my booking once. Move it a second time and I lose my $150 obc. Then she told me that the same applies to price drops. I get only 2 without penalty. I ask for a price drop a 3rd time and bye-bye obc. Funny how that wasn't explained to me when I booked on board the Oasis. The gal I just spoke to told me I should have used an open booking as they are more flexible. Yeah, I know about open bookings but the obc is only $25 which is why I chose to get a next cruise booking. And I specifically remember asking about price drops. There were no red flags to suggest there could be a problem in the future.

Cathy

Thanks for the update. I have bookings that have been moved more than once without penalty. And that's the first time I have heard about only being able to get 2 price drops.

Thanks for the update. I have bookings that have been moved more than once without penalty. And that's the first time I have heard about only being able to get 2 price drops.

That the piece that really irks me. Especially when there's a year's worth of price adjustments.

Cathy

I booked the Freedom for Feb 2018 while on the Oasis. I see now we can save some money if we go in March instead. Same ship, same itinerary.

Can we move the booking without any penalties? If so, can it be done more than once? I am not using a TA if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Cathy

We did this .we booked cruise while on Allure last April and changed it last month no,problem it was for 2018

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When transferring from Royal to Celebrity, I believe it has to be done via phone.

Bob, is the reverse true? If we have a Celebrity booking, can we transfer the money paid on that booking to a Royal booking? I assume by phone it means the TA have to speak with RCL / Celebrity?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob, is the reverse true? If we have a Celebrity booking, can we transfer the money paid on that booking to a Royal booking? I assume by phone it means the TA have to speak with RCL / Celebrity?

Yes, it works both ways.

Yes, it works both ways.

Wish that was true...

Tried today to apply my Celebrity Cruise Later..to a RCCL booking..my agent spoke directly to cruise line.

Agent on their side had no idea so confirmed with someone else within the company and my travel agent was told NO.

Celebrity cruise later must be applied to celebrity cruise.

Wish that was true...

Tried today to apply my Celebrity Cruise Later..to a RCCL booking..my agent spoke directly to cruise line.

Agent on their side had no idea so confirmed with someone else within the company and my travel agent was told NO.

Celebrity cruise later must be applied to celebrity cruise.

Interesting, others have reported success. Perhaps a change of policy.

Yes, it works both ways.

Thanks! Might have to do that if Celebrity Edge doesn't go to Europe and I am stuck with a placeholder I'll have to cancel. Would rather not get a refund and transfer it to one of my (currently) three RCL bookings instead.

Thanks! Might have to do that if Celebrity Edge doesn't go to Europe and I am stuck with a placeholder I'll have to cancel. Would rather not get a refund and transfer it to one of my (currently) three RCL bookings instead.

You may want to inquire about the ability to transfer, as someone reported being denied in a previous post. Might be a recent change of policy.

I contacted Captain's Club for clarification..

If you have an open booking cruise later..like I do for Celebrity passages ( mine's from 2014 ) , it must be applied to Celebrity...but if you have a booking for a specific day/ship , yes that can be 'brand' transferable

I contacted Captain's Club for clarification..

If you have an open booking cruise later..like I do for Celebrity passages ( mine's from 2014 ) , it must be applied to Celebrity...but if you have a booking for a specific day/ship , yes that can be 'brand' transferable

So it seems that if you have a Passages, you could convert that to a specific Celebrity sailing, and then transfer to a Royal sailing.