Disembarking Stockholm after an overnight for a flight at 8:30am. Doable?

We'll be on the Journey disembarking in Stockholm for a flight back to the States after an over night docked at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN according to the port of Stockholm.

There is an early morning flight on Sunday 8/13 at 8:30 am. The flight would go from ARN to JFK.

I've never disembarked a cruise early after an overnight so please forgive my lack of knowledge. Can someone please help me with the following questions, or add a question I should have asked but didn't?

1. What time do we need to arrive at ARN?

2. I understand the airport is about 40 minutes from the dock. What time should we plan on disembarking?

3. Will Customs be available to clear us that early?

4. What's the best way to find transportation from the ship to the airport at that time of day?

TYIA for your help.

1. I think check in closes at least 1 hour before scheduled departure so I would say maybe 1 hour

before check in closes which would make 06.30.

4. either taxi from cruise ship to central station and Arlanda express train from central station to airport

or taxi from ship to airport. Arlanda Express have one departure every 15 minutes (XX.05; .20; .35; .50).

We'll be on the Journey disembarking in Stockholm for a flight back to the States after an over night docked at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN according to the port of Stockholm.

There is an early morning flight on Sunday 8/13 at 8:30 am. The flight would go from ARN to JFK. I've never disembarked a cruise early after an overnight so please forgive my lack of knowledge. Can someone please help me with the following questions, or add a question I should have asked but didn't?

1. What time do we need to arrive at ARN?

You appear to be flying Norwegian Air. Every airline now posts check-in guidelines on its web site and Norwegian is no different. The airline states: Check-in opens 3 hours before flight time for US destinations. Boarding closes 1 hours before flight time for US destinations.

https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/check-in-and-boarding/check-in-deadlines/

2. I understand the airport is about 40 minutes from the dock. What time should we plan on disembarking?

You will need to disembark too early for your luggage to be off-loaded from the ship. Plan on packing only as much as you can personally handle since you will need to get your own luggage from your cabin to your transportation.

As for the specifics, do you want to arrive at the beginning of the three-hour window? later? Just add about 1 hour to that for the trip itself including loading your luggage, off-loading your luggage, and a bit of a cushion for unexpected developments.

Post #2 makes a very different recommendation for departure time compared to the airline's recommendations. I would tend to follow the airline's guides, but your mileage may vary.

3. Will Customs be available to clear us that early?

I suspect you mean passport control. Customs only kicks in for bringing merchandise into your country of residence.

If a flight takes off at 8:35 AM and the airline check-in desks will be open for business 3 hours in advance, you can be confident passport control will be open in time for you. Likely, your 8:35 AM flight isn't even the first international flight of the morning so passport control will be open earlier. Probably not heavily staffed, but open.

4. What's the best way to find transportation from the ship to the airport at that time of day?

Book a private car.

These numbers could mean departing the ship at 4:30 AM -- certainly no later than 5:30 AM -- and acting as your own porter. Does that early morning non-stop still look appealing?

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Thankx for the two replies. It helped me to make a better decision. I believe we'll disembark at regular time and book a hotel near the airport with a free shuttle for the next morning. By changing the date to Monday we're able to save $400 on multi city airfare for us and got better flights cutting from three aircraft to two.

No way I wanted to lug my spouse's and my large suit cases off the ship.