Conquest waitlisted for ATD - help

CruisingAgain

I've read that we can contact the maitre d' before we sail to get ATD and off the waitlist. Has that worked for anyone? Who is the maitre d' on the Conquest. If we can't do it ahead, is the maitre d' available as soon as we board or not until around 1:00?

Will become platinum on this cruise. My PVP can't help us because not platinum until we board. I would like to have it resolved so we don't have to spend time in lines when we board. I want to start my vacation immediately upon boarding - just a drink in my hand and leaving my brain on land.

first of all if you become Platinum on this cruise, it will begin on day one. Your luggage tags will say "priority". As to YTD, we had YTD and met a couple who did not and wanted to change from late to YTD so we could all eat together. At first the Maitre'd was being pompous and difficult even though the DR was not full at all. My new friend slipped him a $20 bill and magically YTD seat opened up.

first of all if you become Platinum on this cruise, it will begin on day one. Your luggage tags will say "priority". As to YTD, we had YTD and met a couple who did not and wanted to change from late to YTD so we could all eat together. At first the Maitre'd was being pompous and difficult even though the DR was not full at all. My new friend slipped him a $20 bill and magically YTD seat opened up.

My dad raised us (my husband and I) to always "Grease the palm of the Maitre'd $20" for any questions or concerns! This applied to usher's as well for shows. Always worked for us!

This is very old school and people (guests) don't seem to agree with it much now a days.

So It is possible if really wanted!

You may clear the waitlist for ATD.

A friend of my DIL decided to accompany our son and his family on their cruise in July. She booked her single 1A cabin and was waitlisted for early dining. The next afternoon she received a notice from her travel agent that she had already cleared the waitlist.

Thanks for the replies. In my early days of cruising we would tip for something like this. But not planning to do it now when we should get it automatically for being platinum. Two of us are platinum already, but it is the other room that has my son turning platinum this cruise. Doesn't seem that I can get it done before the cruise so I'll just have to drag my son around with me until we can get it changed. If they are open when we first board that will be fine.