Hotel and activities in Miami before cruise - will have a car

ELA

We will be driving from Mass and I'm looking for a hotel to say for one or two nights with the two teens. I think Miami Beach may be too $$, but does anyone has a recommendation for a place to stay? Or maybe the general area where we should be? Not sure what we could do with two 13yo in Miami other than the beach in July.

And if Beach - which one? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second the airboat ride. Plan your ride in order to see the croc feeding. You can also get to hold snakes.

I stayed around the airport before but not much around. The last time we stayed in South Miami beach on Lincoln rd. Lots to do in the area between Lincoln Mall and the beach.

Its part of the Art deco district and if you watch for deals its worth a few more dollars. Its also reasonable to eat in the area and many choices. Even a McDonalds.

It felt like a safe area. Lots of tourists and people in the area. No need to use car when your in this area for a couple of days.

Its not too far from the cruise terminal if your sailing from Miami. If sailing from Ft Lauderdale, stay somewhere closer.

The closer to Lincoln and 17st the better in my opinion but I am sure there any plenty of other good places.

S. Florida is in a hotel depression. Zika and the downturn in the Brazilian economy has resulted in a glut of hotel nights. Miami Beach may be quite affordable, especially in the slower months like July. I'd try Priceline, Trivago etc... good luck.

How about looking for something with AirBnB? There are a lot of people who rent there for the winter months, and not the summer, so you might get something reasonable. I stayed at a Best Western on Collins Ave last year because it was inexpensive. It was clean, and had a free breakfast. It was fine, and had an open air bar/restaurant attached that was decent. Good location for the teens. I agree that some sort of everglades boat trip would probably be best for them, they are too old for Monkey Jungle and Parrott Jungle, and too young for Viscaya. If you think I am wrong, you can check those out too.