NCL Dawn - Southern Caribbean from San Juan

twotippy

This happened to us last Nov. We were told by our group guy that it was Pier 4 which I love that pier and its easy access. When our docs came out it was Pan Am.....and it stayed that way. There is only one way in and one way out for EVERYONE!!!! It took about 45mins to get down the street to get to the cruise ship. We sail in Dec this year on the Dawn and have already been told Pam AM.....Ugh! Leave your hotel early.

At least we are the only ship embarking that day in San Juan, plus it "only" holds 2,300 passengers. Since we have an 8 hour embarkation window that day, hopefully the crowd will be spread out over that period and the traffic will not be terrible.

At least we are the only ship embarking that day in San Juan, plus it "only" holds 2,300 passengers. Since we have an 8 hour embarkation window that day, hopefully the crowd will be spread out over that period and the traffic will not be terrible.

How many ships are debarking that day. Remember only one way in and out ...one lane each way. Taxis coming in for pick up...parking at the pier backed up waiting for open spots. It's not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How many ships are debarking that day. Remember only one way in and out ...one lane each way. Taxis coming in for pick up...parking at the pier backed up waiting for open spots. It's not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks to me like there are only 2 ships in San Juan on December 28th - the Freedom of the Seas and the NCL Dawn. Freedom is only in for a day stop (7am-2pm), so I assume they will dock right downtown. No other ships in, so I would assume the Dawn would be at the Pan Am pier (but who knows).

The day we disembark will be different. Five ships in and three of them will be disembarking (Dawn, Jewel of the Seas, and Carnival Fascination). As far as I know, the Pan Am pier only handles two ships at at time (though I could be wrong about this). If that is true though, at least one of the ships would have to disembark across in downtown San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I'm going on the Dawn for the 3rd time next month, first time for me since it came out of dry dock last year. I loved my cruise from San Juan last year. Please do yourself a favor and fly in a few days early and enjoy some time in San Juan. It is beautiful and we had so much fun.
I was wondering if you have some good suggestions for some tours, things to do in San Juan. We'll (hubby and I in our mid/late 60s) have 3 full days before our cruise in January.

I'm doing the 1/6/2019 sailing on the Dawn out of San Juan. Not sure if others have embarkation at 9pm, but if they do, what time is check-in? Is it similar to the 4pm embarkations in Miami where you can get to the port around 11 and be on the boat around 12?
Also wondering what would be a good time to get to the ship. It looks like there will be 5 ships in port on embarkation day. I figure we'll try to be on for lunch. Does anyone know when the cabins will be ready to drop off our luggage?