Nice airport

tiger4848

We are getting off Rivieria in Monte Carlo to fly out of Nice. We are planning on using a taxi. there are four in our party and our flight is at 10:15. Never been in a situation where the ship arrives night before we get off. What time should we disembark, can you get off Rivieria early. Can't find on Oceania site whether they offer transfer.:confused:

Your 10:15 flight is pretty early. Is it flying directly across the ocean from Nice or are you connecting to another airport for the transatlantic portion, such as through Heathrow or Paris CDG? Difference is check-in time; if it's the latter, you don't have to check in as early because the first leg is considered a "domestic" flight.

If the ship docks at the disembarkation port the night before disembarkation, you can choose to walk off with your luggage as early as you like. Walking off versus getting luggage collection outside your cabin the night before isn't that big of a deal for Monaco, unless you have to negotiate the luggage down a ramp, but I don't this would be the case for Marina/Riviera (or if it is, the ramp shouldn't be that steep).

Oceania should have transfers that you can purchase (should be able to use shipboard credits on it as well). As for all of O's "excursions", it will be fairly expensive for the 4 of you.

If you're thinking taxis, there aren't many of them in Monte Carlo, so you should consider making a reservation to pick you up to avoid having to hail or wait for one since it will be unlikely that a taxi would just happen by the cruise terminal as it is not in the "major" traffic strip. I am guessing that each of you will have at least one check-in luggage as well so a typical taxi sedan is not going to be big enough which further supports making advanced arrangements for a larger vehicle.

Is it a weekday or weekend that you disembark? You will be coming from the east but the airport is west of Nice. Traffic can be pretty bad in Nice during the morning rush hour so if it's a weekday, you might want to consider giving yourself a bit more cushion room.

Just for your consideration. In the Nice airport, no one was allowed to check in for any flight, more than two hours before flight time. The airline check in desks are barricaded by a fence and gate. One is only allowed in to the airline desks, if their flights leave within the 2 hour time period. A que kind of starts lining up, in the outside area, just before the two hour mark, when you then get to go stand in the actual line. This is much the same system used at the international section of Terminal 7, JFK, but there most counters open 3 hours before flight time. I believe showing up anytime by 9:00, or shortly thereafter, would be fine. You probably won't get there by 8:30 anyway, so getting there by 9:00, or so, might give that initial line a chance to clear out!

I would catch a quick breakfast in the Terrace before departing. The Nice airport is not an impressive place!

The Nice Airport is on the East side of town, so commute traffic will be a bit longer.

A few things you can do.... Go to CC board with ports of call.. find Europe and then France ports. I would post looking for a car and driver or car service. Also go to Google and search for car service in Monte Carlo Should find a bunch. I tend to like CC since whoever answers you will most likely have used the service they give you.

Sometimes the dock is not available when Oceania arrives and the first day is tendering. They move the ship into place at the dock in the evening. I asked about this since we have tendered and docked in Monte Carlo but never had to embark or disembark.

You may not want to schlep your luggage but there is an airport bus at the Place Des Armes up the hill from the dock.

Sometimes the dock is not available when Oceania arrives and the first day is tendering. They move the ship into place at the dock in the evening. I asked about this since we have tendered and docked in Monte Carlo but never had to embark or disembark.

You may not want to schlep your luggage but there is an airport bus at the Place Des Armes up the hill from the dock.

First of all I do not think you can disembark a whole ship from tenders. That being said these are very steep hills that would be very hard to carry your luggage up. WE were there last summer and I was not happy just walking up the hills.

First of all I do not think you can disembark a whole ship from tenders. That being said these are very steep hills that would be very hard to carry your luggage up. WE were there last summer and I was not happy just walking up the hills.

You can't and that is why I asked since day one was tendered and day two was docked. They reposition the ship after the cruise ship currently at dock leaves.

I used a limo service called NICE Driver for transfers to the airport. They are superb and reasonably priced. They have SUV's which should accommodate your party. Check them out on the internet. The driver will send you a text when and will meet you just off the gangway.

Alex