long cruise ahoy! Any top tips??

1fifthavenue

Yes ................ there are 3 types of nuts in tins: regular, cocktail (a mix) and chocolate covered. There is also a small drum of Pringles. Your cabin steward can provide you with more if you need them - just ask. It's a pretty well stocked minibar usually with whisky, gin, vodka, 2 types of beer, water, soft drinks (coke/sprite/tonic) and juice. Let your steward know what your preferences are eg my DH drinks Heineken so always requests that brand when the minibar is being re-filled.

Bear in mind this is my experience from MSC ships generally. No-one knows if and what changes there'll be on the new builds.

Tim ................... is the pizza free to room service with the premium? It's not something we ever bothered with and assumed that it was charged as being separate to the room service menu.

Bea. Thanks again for the information which I will take "as we understand it". With MSC changing the drinks packages anything can be different once on board.

Tim.............. pizza isn't on the regular room service menu, Tim. Doesn't it come from the speciality restaurant? It's usually advertised on the pyramid thingy in the cabin and showing the price - though I haven't seen one of them in a while! Which brings me to mention the things that seem to be getting omitted from the cabin these days. On Fantasia, there were on pens, no shower caps, no little card with the steward's name on, no "Do Not Disturb" sign, no 'pyramid thingy for pizza' in our cabin. We had to chase up our steward for minibar slips and usually had to get them from the steward who attended other cabins on our corridor as ours was difficult to locate most of the time. This, despite the fact that we were the only ones with premium and using the minibar on his watch. He very kindly gave us 3 slips on the last night! Not much use to us then.

Jim ............... you're very welcome. Hope you enjoy your MSC experience.

Hmmm I'm confused as on Fantasia the speciality is TexMex / Steakhouse, not pizzeria like on Poesia? So if it was speciality where is the dine-in option? We've not ordered from room service before, other than breakfast. Guess we'll find out hey :D I shall write a forum post while we're there Bea as it would be good to know :cool:

If not then there is an antipasti board I like the sound of haha

One thing that puzzles me is that on Lirica / Armonia in the Enlgish themed pub at the front there is a club sandwich and a roast beef platter for free - which makes me think it's a bit bizare about the sports bar policy?

xx

Hmmm I'm confused as on Fantasia the speciality is TexMex / Steakhouse, not pizzeria like on Poesia?

So if it was speciality where is the dine-in option?

Jeez .............. you're right - I'm thinking of Preziosa/Divina :rolleyes: Maybe that's why there were no pyramid thingys in the cabin??

We've not ordered from room service before, other than breakfast. Guess we'll find out hey :D I shall write a forum post while we're there Bea as it would be good to know :cool:

If not then there is an antipasti board I like the sound of haha

One thing that puzzles me is that on Lirica / Armonia in the Enlgish themed pub at the front there is a club sandwich and a roast beef platter for free - which makes me think it's a bit bizare about the sports bar policy?

xx

I agree with you about the Sports bar menu - it's free on Divina!! Sinfonia had the same as Lirica/Armonia in the Irish themed bar. I missed ordering on the 24 night repo and, when I decided to eventually try it out on the 4 night B2B they had dropped the menu as it's not available in South Africa - doh!! I wouldn't mind but I'd spent quite a bit of time in Sheelagh's as smoking is allowed there and DH is a smoker so it was his favourite haunt.

Bytheway - my favourite on the room service menu is the smoked salmon sandwich. In fact, when I have it at home I get a goo for a g&t due to having one or two from the minibar with the room service order :hearteyes:

haha good on you Bea - our favourite breakfast when we work from home on a Friday is smoked salmon with red onions and capers - like you get in the MDR :cool:

And at only about £2 from Aldi it's a nice reminder of better times before an inevitable day of stressy work rubbish of a Friday?!

haha good on you Bea - our favourite breakfast when we work from home on a Friday is smoked salmon with red onions and capers - like you get in the MDR :cool:

And at only about £2 from Aldi it's a nice reminder of better times before an inevitable day of rubbish of a Friday?!

Well ............... a nice breakfast treat to look forward to next week, eh Tim?

Not watching the rugby?? - We're beating you .............. for now. Let's see if we can spoil your Grand Slam hopes.

My only interest in rugby is the men haha :p

Well done Ireland on the winning

When France play in wold tournaments or whatever they're called I fly the French flag due to the time I spend holidaying in France - hope to retire there, or win the lottery and move to Paris