Movies and entertainment on Emerald Princess 12 April Australia

timesurfer7

Hi there. Anyone out there that has been on the Emerald lately? We will be on her in 30 days (but I am not counting!!!) and wondering about the movies being shown and the entertainment offered (The voice and Magic to do we know about). Can anybody help?:hearteyes:

The problem is that, in 30 days, the movies might have changed. Granted, there is a good chance they haven't but...

I somewhat understand the question in that one of our most recent cruises we had seen most of the movies shown on MUTS. If we had known they were going to be shown we wouldn't have watched them at home shortly before the cruise. (I know some folks wonder why this question is asked so often...)

The short answer (from my perspective) is that the movies don't matter. The cruise matters. Movies on MUTS are ancillary. Yes, it may be cool to see the movie "fresh" on MUTS or it may turn out (like it has for me) that only about 6 - 8 people are actually up on Lido deck for the movie because the ship is tossing and turning or there are a lot of folks daring the weather and the water is flying out of the pool in a cold spray and the only spots left have to deal with that. I've been the fourth lounger from the pool when the first three were soaked because I really wanted to see the movie and, let's face it, I am a total dork sometimes.

Princess peeves me. They used to send pre-cruise email. They would send several. One would tell me what the entertainers were and what the movies were. The Princess IT staff (or whoever controls what they do) has become somewhat pathetic. For the most part the pre-cruise emails have vanished. If you do get them they are no longer available in your cruise personalizer. It's lame. Really lame. However, that's what we get now.

Hopefully someone can answer your question and... hopefully it will still be relevant when you get the answer.

Edit: Sorry, after 11:30 PM here and my head hurts and my back really hurts. Feeling a bit on the crabby side at the moment. (Not enough to not realize it though so... the apology.) The important thing is that, even when I've cruised and been peeved to find that I had just watched the MUTS movies - and I do like MUTS - I was still cruising. I freaking love it. I sincerely hope you love your cruise as much as I love the ones I do.If so, even if you have see all of the MUTS movies more than once it will be a very minor annoyance. Have a great cruise.

Because Princess no longer lets us know before hand any of this (movies and entertainment aboard) is why I asked the question. I know that the most important thing is that I will be on the ship in 29 days (nope not counting yet), with the love of my life (celebrating 33 years in May) and seeing places I have never seen before (well we did see Hawaii for our 30th anniversary but the rest is new.). Should I have seen all the movies being offered I am sure that I can think of other things to do!!!