Leaving 15 yr old on ship whilst in port

Your son sounds very similar to our 15 year old. He had a wonderful time bumming around the ship but by the 3rd or 4th port stop, was not interested in disembarking. No problems at all and we all had a great day. Definitely no ship rules against it (you can leave much younger kids in the kids clubs) so enjoy and bring him a souvenir to let him know what he missed out on :)

We did this at Coco Cay. My boys were with friends they had met onboard we wanted to go back and they weren't ready.They stayed about an hour and still had several until we let. Had they cut it close I probably would have gone back after them. I let them but stressed a lot. There was really no where for them to go and it worked out fine but wow did I stress. I tend to be a little over protective to begin with but my oldest was less than a month from graduating and my other son was 16 a junior in high school.

Makes me think back to time the weather kicked up, tenders couldn't bring passengers back to the ship and they were stuck there over nite....

I worded this wrong. I wouldn't not get off the ship with them but what if I got back on the ship and they stayed on Labadee for another hour or something? Has anyone done that?

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

... and if the kids missed the boat?

I've read of people leaving older kids alone on board or their younger kids in the kids club while they go off ship. I know I would personally only feel comfortable if I had a way to be in direct contact with my older child or the kids club.

... and if the kids missed the boat?

From Labadee? Isn't it a private section of an island? If so, Royal knows who is there and pretty much where they are, yes? It's like trying to get left on Coco Cay; probably not going to be possible. :)

From Labadee? Isn't it a private section of an island? If so, Royal knows who is there and pretty much where they are, yes? It's like trying to get left on Coco Cay; probably not going to be possible. :)

Labadee is a leased point of land on the north coast of the country of Haiti.