question about disembarking Oasis

I have set up a car to pick us up and drive us to MCO the morning Oasis arrives in port. How do I know what time to tell them to pick us up? I said 8:30 am, but how do I know that we will be off by then? I can change the time easily. Our flight leaves MCO at 1:00pm. Unsure of what to do.

Thanks!

Just off Oasis. The first general tags were for 8.30 departures (tag 2). We had tag 1 which was for those on last day excursions only.

In that case, I'd ask for 8:45am tags and ask for the car pickup at 9:15am. Or 9am tags and pickup at 9:30am.

You can't self-disembark?

Of course I can.

My question is about timing. Self-disembarking doesn't necessarily get you off the ship in five minutes. I have been reading that self embarking, at time, is taking longer than it used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by LeCricket

• 2 weeks later...
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but how is self-disembarkation from Port Canaveral. I'd like to get off the ship as early as possible. What time would that be, and how long will the process take?

If you are first in the self-disembarkation line, and there are no delays, you should be getting off the ship within 45 minutes of scheduled arrival.

We self disembarked yesterday morning. Oasis came into port between 5:30 and 5:45. Cruise Compass and all info listed self departure as 6:45.

We were out of our cabin at 6 and into the line on deck 5. There were maybe 50 people in line ahead of us that early and it started filling up quickly (out the door and onto the jogging track). There seemed to be a lot of ticked off passengers that were coming down for coffee and realizing we were lining up ahead of the 6:45 departure time.

The line started moving by 6:30 when the ship was cleared to start unloading. With the line of folks toting luggage and moving through customs, we were still able to get to our ride, load our baggage and be under way by 7 a.m.

I really thought it was a painless departure. My sister....not so much. I had told her for well over 6 months not to pack anything more than she could comfortably carry under her own power. Again I stress....CARRY EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF. I had my own suitcase and backpack (plus souvenirs). She was just a huffing and puffing once we cleared customs she was ready to sit down and smoke a cigarette.

I'll be self disembarking for years to come .