B2B Question

1cruiselvr

I've done B2B's before on the same ship so I understand that process. However, what happens when you are doing B2B's at the same port but different ships. If we stall disembarkation we might be able to get off 9ish but boarding for the 2nd Celebrity ship won't begin until 11ish. So what does one do with all their luggage and time while they are waiting? I am considering booking the Edge for after Silhouette but this dead time has me baffled.

Each cruise is its own cruise . You would start all over at the second cruise. That includes your bags !

No I understand that. My question was more about what do people do with their time and luggage while waiting to board the next ship. It could be hrs. Looking for ideas, do they rent a car and get breakfast, taxi it to the next terminal, sit and wait for 2 hrs? I know other cruisers have done it, so what did you do while waiting to board the next ship?

I've done B2B's before on the same ship so I understand that process. However, what happens when you are doing B2B's at the same port but different ships. If we stall disembarkation we might be able to get off 9ish but boarding for the 2nd Celebrity ship won't begin until 11ish. So what does one do with all their luggage and time while they are waiting? I am considering booking the Edge for after Silhouette but this dead time has me baffled.

You could probably postpone disembarking until 10 ish, then take a taxi over to the Edge and give them your luggage and be one of the first people in line.

Celebrity used to provide transportation to do this - maybe call a Captain's Circle rep and ask if they still do.

You could probably postpone disembarking until 10 ish, then take a taxi over to the Edge and give them your luggage and be one of the first people in line.

Celebrity used to provide transportation to do this - maybe call a Captain's Circle rep and ask if they still do.

Very interesting that Celebrity will provide transportation.

What about if cruise #1 arrives in Fort Lauderdale and cruise #2 leaves from Miami?

Very interesting that Celebrity will provide transportation.

What about if cruise #1 arrives in Fort Lauderdale and cruise #2 leaves from Miami?

Celebrity and RCI used to provide transportation routinely' date=' and also comp a hotel room for you if it required staying overnight between the two cruises.[/size']

When we did Ft. Lauderdale to Miami years ago, transferring between a Celebrity ship and a Royal Caribbean ship, they comped a limo for us between the two ports.

Then we heard they changed their policy and stopped doing it a few years ago.

But about a year after that, we read that they had done it for someone.

We don't know if that was another change in policy, an exception, or an oversight??? :confused:

I would suggest talking to the concierge on your first cruise about it. We have found that they are usually very helpful in such situations.

This would be my first thought but DH is not good at standing in line. In fact, it's all I can do to get him to arrive earlier than 1pm on embarkation day, which in this case would be cruise #1. I never heard of the cruiseline providing transportation. I can understand if you booked the PH on both ships. LOL We are CC on #1 and SV on #2 so I don't think that warrants enough $$ spent to get a limo, darn. It would be fun to arrive in style.

But asking the concierge while on cruise #1 won't hurt. Great idea.

Edited by 1cruiselvr
more thoughts on the subject

Celebrity and RCI used to provide transportation routinely, and also comp a hotel room for you if it required staying overnight between the two cruises.

When we did Ft. Lauderdale to Miami years ago, transferring between a Celebrity ship and a Royal Caribbean ship, they comped a limo for us between the two ports.

Then we heard they changed their policy and stopped doing it a few years ago.

But about a year after that, we read that they had done it for someone.

We don't know if that was another change in policy, an exception, or an oversight??? :confused:

I would suggest talking to the concierge on your first cruise about it. We have found that they are usually very helpful in such situations.

Thank you so much for this information. I had no idea. I will definitely look into it.

I wracked my brain, trying to find a cruise that ended on the same day. I will also check to see if a cruise ends a day early, if they will comp a hotel room. I think the Edge may end a day early, but the Silhouette does have a much better itinerary!

We had a lady getting off eclipse onto another celebrity ship in January, she made the mistake of thinking that she would get help walking her bags off and to the next ship. Crew are not allowed. So other guests who were b2b the same ship helped her down the gangplank with the bags. She had arranged that she could wait in the b2b lounge with us so was last off around 10.15. This way by the time shed got to the other ship, they were already taking bags from passengers. So make sure that you can manage your own bags or put them out night before. They had arranged a car to take her round the port to the other ship though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a lady getting off eclipse onto another celebrity ship in January, she made the mistake of thinking that she would get help walking her bags off and to the next ship. Crew are not allowed. So other guests who were b2b the same ship helped her down the gangplank with the bags. She had arranged that she could wait in the b2b lounge with us so was last off around 10.15. This way by the time shed got to the other ship, they were already taking bags from passengers. So make sure that you can manage your own bags or put them out night before. They had arranged a car to take her round the port to the other ship though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thx for sharing this story. I had planned on leaving bags out night before as usual, going thru customs with bags and then out the terminal door but then what, thus the reason for my question. Hopefully, the concierge on cruise #1 will have some ideas or offer help as to how we get to the next ship's terminal. I know we aren't the first pax to do this sort of thing.

On Feb.19th we got off the Eclipse in Miami and Celebrity had a coach take us to the Silhouette at Port Everglades along with about 16 other people. There was also one couple on the bus that was brought to the Oasis OTS. Celebrity did not tell about this, but another passenger told us and we asked guest services. They told us that they had this service.

Final call to leave the ship often isn't until close to 10am in my experience. If you wait until last call it can take a bit of time to exit, retrieve luggage and clear customs. By the time you make it to the other terminal it is quite possible they will start checking people in not long afterwards. That is what I would do rather than leave the port area since there is not too much time to kill (assuming the second sailing doesn't start embarkation later than normal).

On Feb.19th we got off the Eclipse in Miami and Celebrity had a coach take us to the Silhouette at Port Everglades along with about 16 other people. There was also one couple on the bus that was brought to the Oasis OTS. Celebrity did not tell about this, but another passenger told us and we asked guest services. They told us that they had this service.

thanks for this info.

How much did they charge each pax?

Final call to leave the ship often isn't until close to 10am in my experience. If you wait until last call it can take a bit of time to exit, retrieve luggage and clear customs. By the time you make it to the other terminal it is quite possible they will start checking people in not long afterwards. That is what I would do rather than leave the port area since there is not too much time to kill (assuming the second sailing doesn't start embarkation later than normal).

That used to be true. But we just sailed on Summit in Feb and they wanted everyone out of their rooms by 8am BUT they started disembarkation at 7:30am. Even though we let them know we wanted to be last getting off, we were in group 21 and off by 9am which is why I was thinking we had a few hrs to kill. However, learning that X might supply transportation to the next terminal/ship with baggage, is very helpful. I will use the advice provided and consult with the concierge to hopefully resolve this for us when the time comes in 2019. Thx everyone. Great suggestions!

We just did a B2B on the Eclipse.

We also had a notice to vacate the cabin by 8:00 and they started walk-offs way before that. (We stayed in the same cabin so ignored all of that)

On turnaround day all the B2Bers were to meet at 10:00 in a lounge.

We had to sit there at least a half hour until the last passengers checked out.

If you leave with them (the B2Bers) (or even just wait to leave until their meeting time - which is usually 10) you should have perfect timing to get to your new ship just in time to begin boarding.

Nevertheless, Guest Services or the concierge will advise you of everything when they make arrangements for the bus to take you to your next cruise.

Found this thread very useful. We are doing a B2B in Sept. The discount is $50 per leg and you have to ask for it,

Also for correct terminology a B2B is sailing on the same ship twice in a row.

A Side2Side is sailing twice in a row, but changing ships.

Found this thread very useful. We are doing a B2B in Sept. The discount is $50 per leg and you have to ask for it,

Also for correct terminology a B2B is sailing on the same ship twice in a row.

A Side2Side is sailing twice in a row, but changing ships.

Thx for the terminology education. I've never heard of Side2Side unless it was in a dance lesson. :D

Just a note: We requested the bonus on our Alaska cruise in Aug-Sept and were denied. They said it was not available due to the perks were were receiving (beverage package and $300 obc).

Oh well, life is tough!!!