Bike in a box

antsp

was hoping to buy a bike, and bring it home to the uk on our April transatlantic, the bike will be boxed and un assembled. Any issues checking it in with our baggage with the porters. Reading prohibited items, long long list no cycles.

As long as you can transport & store it in your cabin there are no problems.

In the past I've seen a few people post that they've brought collapsible bikes with them to use in various ports. It's a shame that Princess doesn't rent bikes to passengers although there would probably be numerous accidents on some of the narrow roads.

As long as you can transport & store it in your cabin there are no problems.

In the past I've seen a few people post that they've brought collapsible bikes with them to use in various ports. It's a shame that Princess doesn't rent bikes to passengers although there would probably be numerous accidents on some of the narrow roads.

I was going to check it in with all my bags, do you think that will be acceptable

I was going to check it in with all my bags, do you think that will be acceptable

As Floridalover stated above...the only limit would be storage space in your cabin.

It probably wouldn't fit under the bed. Should fit OK in the closet.

It would be a tight fit in an inside or OV cabin. Hopefully, you can afford a balcony or above (they have lots more room).

As Floridalover stated above...the only limit would be storage space in your cabin.

It probably wouldn't fit under the bed. Should fit OK in the closet.

It would be a tight fit in an inside or OV cabin. Hopefully, you can afford a balcony or above (they have lots more room).

We have a caribe deck balcony, our plan was length was in the back of the wardrobe

was hoping to buy a bike, and bring it home to the uk on our April transatlantic, the bike will be boxed and un assembled. Any issues checking it in with our baggage with the porters. Reading prohibited items, long long list no cycles.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424829&highlight=bringing+a+bicycle

just making sure

Judging by how I see and experienced bicycles boxed at Walmart/Target/Costco etc I would be leary of giving it to the porters unless I taped/reinforced the box real well ahead of time. They are very flimsy. Last thing you need is damage to the spokes, frame, and/or lost parts (pedals/fenders etc).

Maybe grab a roll of clear shipping/packing tape there too.

We are going to make sure its packed and try and protect it a bit more, you wont believe how much time this buying a bike has taken up. just a heads up, you can buy bikes in England

We are going to make sure its packed and try and protect it a bit more, you wont believe how much time this buying a bike has taken up. just a heads up, you can buy bikes in England

Interesting. I know they were considering making them available. :o