Diamond Perks ?

Have not cruised on RCCL in a few years and was wondering have any perks changed,Know about boarding and use of lounge and 3 drinks put on sea pass card per day for use at any bars between 5-8 pm.How about internet,discounts and etc.Thanks, Carlyle

Have not cruised on RCCL in a few years and was wondering have any perks changed,Know about boarding and use of lounge and 3 drinks put on sea pass card per day for use at any bars between 5-8 pm.How about internet,discounts and etc.Thanks, Carlyle

Diamond guests get one free 24-hour period of internet OR $20 off an internet package.

I THINK the 1 free picture in the photo studio is a newer Diamond perk, but I may be wrong, and someone will get to up their post count by correcting me ;p, but I just became Diamond just more than a year ago and was surprised by that one.

We had a few pics taken and when I went to choose the free pics (4 diamond members) it seemed to be only available if you purchased a package (minimum $79). I passed. I would be happy to hear if it is actually different.

There was $10 off the wash and fold laundry package (so reduced from $35 to $25)

We had a few pics taken and when I went to choose the free pics (4 diamond members) it seemed to be only available if you purchased a package (minimum $79). I passed. I would be happy to hear if it is actually different.

There was $10 off the wash and fold laundry package (so reduced from $35 to $25)

In 2 cruises as Diamond that hasn't been the case for us. Each cruise both my wife and I were able to pick 1 picture and it was totally free. On Oasis we bought a few and the most expensive ones were free. On Majesty we only got the one free picture each.

In 2 cruises as Diamond that hasn't been the case for us. Each cruise both my wife and I were able to pick 1 picture and it was totally free. On Oasis we bought a few and the most expensive ones were free. On Majesty we only got the one free picture each.

Thanks for that info. Next time I will ask someone on board.

Oh, and is there priority entrance/queue for MTD? On our last 2 cruises, even though we'd prebooked dining times, we still always had to queue for the MTD and the dining room entrance - 20 minutes one evening. It made me wonder what was the point of prebooking.

What about breakfast? On our next cruise in September we will be Diamonds for the first time. Is there a separate area for breakfast for Diamonds? I find the Windjammer crowds so stressful in the mornings!

No separate breakfast area for Diamonds but try the made-to-order breakfast in the dining room.;) We find that to be a LOT quieter. We just got off Oasis and never had breakfast in the WJ; some days, I just went to the DL for a continental style breakfast; you can also fix a plate from the WJ and take it into the DL for peace and quiet!:cool: Johnny Rockets and solarium bistro are also free for breakfast but sometimes gets crowded.

About the pictures, DH and I each got a free 8x10 (one formal and one casual) while on board Oasis last week!

What about breakfast? On our next cruise in September we will be Diamonds for the first time. Is there a separate area for breakfast for Diamonds? I find the Windjammer crowds so stressful in the mornings!

Depends on the ship, some ships still do a Diamond breakfast area in the MDR.

Oh, and is there priority entrance/queue for MTD? On our last 2 cruises, even though we'd prebooked dining times, we still always had to queue for the MTD and the dining room entrance - 20 minutes one evening. It made me wonder what was the point of prebooking.

On Oasis, we pre-booked 6:30pm in MTD every night and got a nice table by the window with the same wait staff every night. If there was a line on both sides, we just bypassed them and went to the hostess station just inside, checked in, and were either seated immediately or waited 5-minutes at most!;p Worked like a charm!

so if I have this internet thing correct...if you sign in you are then on the clock for 24 straight hrs...is this correct...after the 24 hr. period comes and goes there is a charge...the good thing is that my wife and I are diamonds and the same with my daughter and we are all sailing on the 8th Adventure...so then for 3 of the 7 days we can have contact with the outside world...because I am assuming we each get 1 24 hr. period for free...its been 2 yrs since we have sailed...need 2 more 7 day trips to hit Diamond Plus...:cool:

so if I have this internet thing correct...if you sign in you are then on the clock for 24 straight hrs...is this correct...after the 24 hr. period comes and goes there is a charge...the good thing is that my wife and I are diamonds and the same with my daughter and we are all sailing on the 8th Adventure...so then for 3 of the 7 days we can have contact with the outside world...because I am assuming we each get 1 24 hr. period for free...its been 2 yrs since we have sailed...need 2 more 7 day trips to hit Diamond Plus...:cool:

Not quite.

As soon as you redeem your 24 hour free access, the 24 hour clock starts. After 24 hours, your access ends, no automatic charge. If you want internet access again, you sign up and pay for a package or use someone else's free 24 hour access.

You each get an internet coupon.

You could actually cover 6 days by not logging in until afternoon, then you'd have until that same time the following day before it ended. Then just wait until the next afternoon or evening and do it again.

That is how we do it with our 2 free 24 hour periods, then we have 4 days covered. We try to work it around the sea days because you can usually find a hotspot or free internet somewhere in port just to check in.