Chacchoben or Kohunlich

bUU

This has been asked and answered before, and if you've shared your views on this in previous threads please rest assured that I've read your views. I'm asking folks who have never shared their views to please add theirs to those that have already been expressed. (Though, of course, if you'd like to repost your earlier comments here, that would be excellent!)

What I've read so far is crystallized in this following comment. (Sorry, but I don't recall who posted this.)

In a nut shell Chacchoben is the most frequently visited one, I believe it's also the closest to port, maybe an hour ride. Native Choice conducts they Maya experience tours here. I think Kohunlich is the largest set of ruins in the area. Dzibanche has some of the taller pyramids. These two and Kinichna are twice as far away as Chacchoben.

Any and all additional insights greatly appreciated.

If you got the time, do the crime!:D some ship schedules would make hitting Dzibanche and Kohunlich difficult or give you every little time there. Not really a fan of spending all my port day riding in buses to and fro to see a glancing view of set of ruins that are only nuancingly different from any other set of ruins.

Sorry about my confusion but I think you're saying that we should go to Kohunlich if we have the time. Yes?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

We don't have enough time in port to see both Dzibanche and Kohunlich, unfortunately. Is Kohunlich alone better than Chacchoben in your estimation? What are the appreciable differences?

• 2 months later...
We don't have enough time in port to see both Dzibanche and Kohunlich, unfortunately. Is Kohunlich alone better than Chacchoben in your estimation? What are the appreciable differences?

We are headed Dec 2017 to Costa Maya, and would also love an answer to this question! Can't decide between Chacchoben or Kohunlich. We are in port 8am - 5pm, so have a bit of time. I know Kohunlich is further. We don't like large crowds though, so are considering Kohunlich. We also don't like long bus rides, so truly need some advice. Would love a response from a knowledgeable person!

I've viewed a number of them. They don't really get to the crux of the question.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

We have been to Kohunlich and I thought it was amazing. Well worth the drive. So much to see and so much yet uncovered. I also remember when doing my research and please for give me as I could be thinking of a different location... But the other places restrict what you can climb. We booked a private tour. So it was just us and a driver and our guide. There we're some others there but we barely saw anyone. Definitely less crowded. Loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

In 2006 we went with Ivan (native choice) to see Chacchoben. It was a great day and Ivan gave a great tour including history about mayan culture etc. It was a great day even though we were restricted with which ruin we could climb. Fabulous day!