Host Tink - Help with the double posts

Juliadlf

Guest Host Tink

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, I've been studying for Final Exams....:eek:

Earlier this week we hit 160,000 members and believe it or not, the brand new server we installed less than two months ago is already almost maxed out.

All I can do is ask for you to be patient. If you get a blank screen, just wait a few moments until it refreshes before you type your whole thing again. It will sure help me! :-)

If you see posts that I don't get too, *please* Use the notification button and let me know, I get instantaneous emails and can hop right on the board and take care of it if I'm not already lurking.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all of you!!

Works in real life too.

If you ever get pulled over for speeding by a police officer tell them

"But officer, I have 1897 posts on Cruise Critic"

They'll let you go, its a law

If I want to have a tour of the bridge on my cruise I go to the Captains Cocktail Party, shake his hand and say

"Hi I have five thousand plus Cruise Critic posts!" .

He usually leaves the party right then and there for my personal tour.

It even works at the supermarket....

When there's a long line, whisper "I have more posts on Cruise Critic than you do" to the person before you and you'll quickly be at the front of the line

You have to be careful though. Some members have a bad case of Post-Envy and feel badly because their number is smaller than yours. Be kind to them.

HAAAAAAAA!!!! LOL!!!!!

If I think of it, after typing my post, I highlight and then click on "edit" on my regular IE toolbar and click on "copy". Then if I get a blank screen, I can check to see if it posted. If not, I can paste into another reply screen. Of course, doing that does invoke Murphy's Law.

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, I've been studying for Final Exams....:eek:

Earlier this week we hit 160,000 members and believe it or not, the brand new server we installed less than two months ago is already almost maxed out.

All I can do is ask for you to be patient. If you get a blank screen, just wait a few moments until it refreshes before you type your whole thing again. It will sure help me! :-)

If you see posts that I don't get too, *please* Use the notification button and let me know, I get instantaneous emails and can hop right on the board and take care of it if I'm not already lurking.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all of you!!

Thanks. Can't convince you to install a "DELETE" button on the edit screen? You'd have alot more time to study....

Okay, I'll do the count to 10 routine and hope the screen refreshes:p

Archived