Alaska Family Cruise - can kids use Solarium Pool in colder climates?

We are just starting to look at Alaska cruises for 2018. I've heard that it can be cool/cold in August and I'm wondering if they allow kids to use the Solarium pool on the Alaska runs? My husband and I just went on the Enchantment of the Sea and really enjoyed the "child free" solarium area. But I was just curious if it is different on the Alaska cruises where the weather is cold. We will be traveling with our children (14/12) who love to swim and are looking for a ship that has a covered pool.

I know that the Holland America pools are all covered and for everyone to use, which is fabulous for an Alaska cruise. I was just trying to figure out if there were any other options with covered pools.

Thanks for your help.

I was looking at the info for our cruise to Europe, and I saw how they allow that if the weather conditions are such that they need to open it to kids.

However, I have a swimmer as well (competitively in fact), but he only used the pool on the first day in Seattle, and the hot tub one other time. The pools and weather just didn't make for a good situation, and we actually had decent weather. No rain, mid-50's quite a bit of sunshine, etc...

We are just starting to look at Alaska cruises for 2018. I've heard that it can be cool/cold in August and I'm wondering if they allow kids to use the Solarium pool on the Alaska runs? My husband and I just went on the Enchantment of the Sea and really enjoyed the "child free" solarium area. But I was just curious if it is different on the Alaska cruises where the weather is cold. We will be traveling with our children (14/12) who love to swim and are looking for a ship that has a covered pool.

I know that the Holland America pools are all covered and for everyone to use, which is fabulous for an Alaska cruise. I was just trying to figure out if there were any other options with covered pools.

Thanks for your help.

I have gone twice and it has been my experience that yes the kids can use the Solarium pool but they also heat the outdoor pool and it was nice and warm and i had my grandson in that one watching the Monsters Inc movie one afternoon. The only problem was getting out and wrapping up warm to get inside!