Children dining in specialtyrestaurants

SSMcruises

Thank you for your help with clarification on this.

We are traveling with our friends and their 2 children (13, 10). If the 4 adults get the dining package and the kids end up dining with us in the specialty restaurants, what is the cost?

Is there a kids menu that is included?

Do we need to get them the dining package?

Do we just pay the a la carte pricing for their meals?

Truth be told, I am hoping that they are involved elsewhere a couple of nights, for the adults to enjoy dinner to ourselves ;p But as they are not my children, that may not be the case (we have successfully vacationed with this family previously, but the children are not 'joiners'...getting them to attend the kids programs will be a struggle)

Thanks.

There is a complimentary kids' menu but it is not specific to the specialty restaurant. It is the same everywhere.

If the kids eat at the specialty restaurant and order from the regular menu, they are charged the price per item.

It is not required to buy the SDP for them but it might be worth it depending on how many meals they will have in the specialty restaurant and what they will order.

I would show them the menus and get an idea as to what they are likely to order. From there, decide what is the best course of action.

They can pay for their meals (cover charge or a la carts, depends on the restaurant), get the package, or eat off of the kids menu for free (honestly can't see a 13 year old doing that). Or, they could dine elsewhere by themselves.