Why doesn't RCI do 7 night cruises to Bermuda?

For me it is not a real cruise if you just go to one port and dock for th

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done Bermuda 7 times with Royal. The first 4 cruises were 7 days - Song of America; 2 on Empress of the Seas; and Journey. These ships were smaller and docked in St. George, Hamilton, and the Doc yards. We loved being able to spend the nights and have as much time as we wanted to stay off the ship and explore the island. Our next cruises were the 5 days and though we love Bermuda, it feels as though we just get there and turned around and came home. Our next Bermuda cruise will be a 7 day again - either Celebrity or Holland. I really do wish Royal would go back to the 7 day cruise out of Maryland.

Yes and of course your can stay there for many more days in a nice hotel.

However for me the purpose of a cruise is to make more than one move in seven days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With the ferry and buses, it's very easy to get Three distinct experiences on the port three port days in Bermuda.

We sailed X summit some years ago; On day one we went to St George's by ferry round trip, Day two ferry to Hamilton with several bus stops along the way back, and the last day we did a snorkel excursion from Kings Warf.

Bermuda/NY port taxes were high, but we found the shore excursions on public transit to public (and free) beaches to be a very good offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am anxiously waiting for the Bermuda itineraries to be released. I am hoping Serenade docks for 2 nights on her Bermuda itineraries! Second choice would be that Anthem does more itineraries with one overnight and 2 full days. I don't care for the Grandeur itinerary schedules, so that is not an option I would consider.

We've been thinking we may have to go back to NCL to get the Bermuda trip we want. Not something I am anxious to do.

Thanks everyone for the replies! NCL is out for me, I've had enough of them, literally every time I've sailed with them they have taken something away on the next sailing and I'm done.

I live in NY so Bayonne is the optimal port for me but Boston is do-able I'll have to watch for the 2018 sailings.

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious as to why they only do 5 night sailings. Most other lines do at least 7, and I find that sometimes that isn't even enough time. So I was wondering if anone knows why it's only 5?

There are 7 nights to Bermuda only, and I know that I was looking at a April 20 or 21, 2019 on Anthem with 3 nights in Bermuda.

As said above there will be a few 7 nite cruises to Bermuda on Royal's Serenade...

I just checked for myself and it is true. Currently the NCL Dawn and the HAL Veendam cruise to Bermuda for 7 days from Boston all summer long and into the fall. Now a third ship is being added in the fall. We have done the Dawn to Bermuda several times ourselves, it is fantastic. I think it is great that another ship is being added.

When the Adventure comes to Bayonne in April 2018 will it be doing 7 n't trips to Bermuda? We've done 3 7 nt cruises to Bermuda from NY area, Song of America, Horizon, and Explorer. Stopped there on a repositioning in 2002 on board the Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas) before spending her summer doing 7 nt cruises. Those days the small ships were able to dock in Hamilton and St. George.

Just curious as to why they only do 5 night sailings. Most other lines do at least 7, and I find that sometimes that isn't even enough time. So I was wondering if anone knows why it's only 5?

The Anthem, Grandeur and Serenade will all do 7 night Bermuda itineraries in 2018-2019 with 3 days in Bermuda.

Who wants to go to Bermuda in November? It's too cold.

alternative point of view. who can afford bermuda when its hot ;)

i went in october on NCL and found it perfect temperature wise. personally i think april will be frigid compared to november.