Visiting Twice Need Advice

ShotsnCruises

I just returned from my Silversea cruise, and our last stop was Tortola. Maybe it was feeling exhausted from a very port intensive cruise, maybe it was the local holiday that shut most things down, but I was not really "feeling" the island.

However, we are going to be returning to Tortola, not once, but twice on our next cruise. Going to the Baths is OUT, because we will be in Spanish Town as an actual port stop another day.

I am looking for suggestions for two activities in Tortola.

I would prefer a relatively private (10-12 passengers max) catamaran or sailing tour with snorkeling (if you are familiar with Silvermoon on Barbados, think that experience and price range), and maybe a beach day where we can snorkel from the beach.

Any suggestions or anything I need to make sure not to miss?

For a nice day sail to the Indians, Norman Island, and other prime snorkel spots look at Aristocat Charters, Kuralu, and Patouche.

For off the beach snorkeling on Tortola Brewers Bay is probably your best choice.

And of course there are some great spots on VG if interested for your day there.

I was just on an NCL Escape cruise to Tortola. Booked the Rebel Yell Catamaran to Jost Van Dyke. If I were you I would take a boat trip to White Bay on JVD. Beautiful beach with multiple quaint beach bars. Try Soggy Dollar Bar. Free beach chairs and home of the drink, Painkiller. Had a wonderful day in the sun watching the birds, including Pelicans, dive bombing for fish right next to you while you swim.

For a nice day sail to the Indians, Norman Island, and other prime snorkel spots look at Aristocat Charters, Kuralu, and Patouche.

For off the beach snorkeling on Tortola Brewers Bay is probably your best choice.

And of course there are some great spots on VG if interested for your day there.

Thank you for the quick reply. Aristocat looks amazing. I am hoping they are available when we are in port.

What are your recommendations for VG?

We haven't had a chance to take Aristocat but the reviews are great.

I'm not experienced in snorkeling VG but others here and also on the VG forum on tripadvisor can give you great feedback. I know Maho and Savannah Bay are options, as well as Spring Bay which is walkable from the Top f the Baths.

White Bay is a fun day with all the beach bars there. You could enjoy Brewers on your Tortola beach snorkeling day, and if time allows take a 5 minute taxi over to Cane Garden Bay and enjoy the vibe there and some good food. Several beach bars/restaurants in a large, pretty bay. We love Tony's for the fish and burgers (formerly Stanley's famous Welcome Bar, cuz Tony took it over in 2005). Myett's next door also has good food.

Tortola is gorgeous so try to see as much as you can!:)