So why should I get a promenade room over regular inside room?

I booked an inside GTY room on Independence and was assigned a Promenade room towards the aft above Champagne bar.

The Promenade room feels marginally bigger and probably is in area. The bench by the window provides extra sitting space or in my case storage space. You do have the window of course so if you prefer some sort of artificial light into the room then that is a plus point but privacy is a problem.

Noise wise in the Promenade room I could hear some very very faint music possibly from below Champagne Bar but during 70's night party or any parades, these were not very noticeable. So overall the noise didn't affect me at all.

I'm always more than happy to be in an inside room so I wouldn't pay extra for a Promenade room but I would pay extra for a balcony though. I had my curtain closed during the entire 2 weeks cruise so whether or not the window is there to me is irrelevant.

Promenade rooms are good for those who have never experience apartment life in a large city where one lives with traffic noise and looks across the way into the building's windows across the street.

One learns to keep the blinds close for privacy.

Having had that experience for over five years of my life, I don't need to pay extra for a room that is an interior cabin when the blinds are closed.

YMMV