How to Work a Week Before the Cruise?

Finally, after all of these loooooong months, my first embark date is only a week away. Even though I have read, researched studied and planned, I know I will never be 100% truly ready but at this point; who cares, I AM GOING ON MY FIRST CRUISE IN 7 DAYS!!!:D:D:D

Now I have a real problem that hopefully some of you experienced Cruisers can help me with.

Next week, I still have to work. How in the world am I suppose to do that if the only thing on my mind is prepping (last minute purchases, packing, making sure I have all my documents, schedules, hotel, car, closing up the house, excursion info, doing all the things I learned on CC, etc., etc., etc.), while dreaming of cruising on the open seas for 7 days?

Appreciate your help and any tips on staying focused at work while at the same time being too excited to think about anything other than going on my FIRST CRUISE!!!.

I write on my office's whiteboard the number of work days and the number of actual days until my cruise and then decrement them each day. I make a list of all the things I need to get done at work before leaving. I also make a list of all the personal things I need to get done as well. This keeps me focused but still able to enjoy the pre-cruise anticipation. If not everything on the lists get done before leaving, I have a memory jogger when I get back.

Enjoy your cruise. There's nothing like seeing your ship for the first time.

I am in same boat as you...leave next Sunday!! I already can't focus on anything else...and my poor co-workers they are sooooo over hearing about it...I literally just pooled the co-workers as to their favorite drinks and took notes lol......I am hoping since next week will be busy with getting hair done, nails done, tanning etc that it will pass quickly...here's to hoping...enjoy your cruise....

Do it all the weekend before you leave and line everything up near the door! Then the week before you leave you can spend it daydreaming with a pen in your hand, looking like you're working ;)! Then when the time comes, all you have to do it load up and off you go! I find that makes the week before you leave stress free!