Inside cabins

solsticebride

I have not been on Mariner. But was on Sovereign with only 119 Sq ft. I like that Princess has a fridge included in the Grand insides.

Mariner of the Seas -- 134 Sq ft

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/RC/mariner.htm

Grand Princess -- 160 Sq ft

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Princess/grandprincess.htm

How big are inside cabins on Grand class ships compared to RCCL? We were in an inside room on the mariner, but in balconies on Princess. How are they set up? Are they extremey crowded?

Just curious...trying to plan the next cruise! Thanks!

Here is a pic of our B340 cabin on the Grand. We found it very roomy. :)

DSC07859.JPG.74ca2271debe6c5fc538c0686a3e921d.JPG

We have had inside cabins on both the Rhapsody of the Seas(8031 & 8035) and the Grand Princess(A328). The wife and I both agree that overall the GP's inside cabin setup was better. They just made better use of the limited space. The mini-fridge was nice too.

That being said....we have a balcony this time. WOOOHOOO!!!!

The layout and circulation area was preferable on the CP (Grand) vs. EOS (Voyager). Bathroom and closet area on the CP not as visible from bed area when in a double configuration. This offered a bit of privacy, if you can say that is possible.

We were in an inside stateroom on the Star last January and an ocean view on the Grand the year before. The only good thing about the inside stateroom was the size of the closet. It must have been 3 feet longer than the closet we had on the Grand. I am not sure if that was the standard size of closets in all the staterooms on the Star, or just the inside.

Our inside on the Star also had the pull down beds on the wall for a 3rd and 4th passenger(which we didn't need). They stuck out about 6 inches when closed, were about shoulder high, and we had to turn sideways when moving along the side of the bed, very uncomfortable. However, if that was our only choice we would take it just to be cruising.

Sandi

GOLDEN

1/28/06

Archived